considering a toyhauler

readytohitheroad

If we put our two Harleys in the back of a 36 foot roadwarrior will this mean we can haul very little, if anything, else in the trailer? What is the maximum amount of total weight we can put in the toyhauler, including the bikes?

Mizmary

It depends on the actual dry weight and how many options you have. I suggest going to look at a few models there is a yellow sticker inside he do that will tell you the actual dry weight. You can compare that to your max weight and know what you can/can't put in the RW.

danemayer

Hi readytohittheroad,

If you go to the Heartlandrvs.com website, click on Road Warrior on the left side, then click on Weights and Measures at the top, it'll show you all the RW models with GVWR and empty weight. A 310 shows a GVWR of 15,500 and empty weight of 11,055. The difference is how much stuff you can carry.

You probably won't get the entire 4,445 suggested however. The empty weight is the design weight of the basic coach with no options. Plan on the out the door weight being perhaps 1000 heavier. So you might get around 3,500 capacity for your stuff, water in the tanks, fuel in the fuel cells, and propane. If you know how much your Harleys weight, you can figure out what's left.

readytohitheroad

Thanks for the responses. With 2000 lbs of bikes we will not have much capacity left, especially since we plan on boondocking which will entail 6 six volt batteries and full water tanks. I think I have uncovered a problem...

scottyb

I haul 2K in the garage, a full load of water and gas, and will have 4 6V batteries pretty soon. Remember that 1/5 of the weight is on the pin. As long as you don't exceed your axle weight and your TV can handle it's share :cool:. These things would be pretty ....... worthless, if they couldn't carry their capacity.

taken

We have 2k in our garage all the time. Often we have full water etc. as well. No problem at all. You will be fine with two bikes back there.