Time to replace OEM tires

Greengas

It's time to replace the OEM 20" tires on my 2012 f350. It is SRW short bed with the FX4 package. I am looking for a tire that will last and be good on the open road. And since we live in Denver it must do well in our wonderful winter weather. So, what do you recommend.

TedS

I put Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor on my 2011 F350 down here in the Four Corners. I like the tread agressiveness and it runs relatively quietly. The powerstroke engine must be throttled gently in snow or it will spin any tire.

TXTiger

I put the Goodyear Silent Armor on my F-150 before I traded it in for a F-350. Liked them. I wore out the OEM Michliens on the 350 in only 28,000 miles. Went with BF Goodrich. Drove from the west coast to the east coast and back pulling the 5th wheel and they still look new. Handled great too. Not sure how they handle in snow?

Lynn1130

You know, I see these post all the time and while opinions from others is most times good information why not go to your favorite tire dealer and ask that question. Granted, they may try to sell you the most expensive tire but I do trust my local Discount Tire people as they deal with thousands, probably hundreds of thousands of tires a year. Most people here, me included buy one or two sets of tires every three or four years and if they don't blow up on us we are happy with them. The tire people see what comes back with defects and deal with the unhappy customer so they know what works for which vehicle and what does not. On top of that they do have some training in the field, and that is somewhat important (he says with a grin).

The simple question to the tire dealer is, what will work for me under these specific conditions and which is first class and which is steerage.

scottyb

I have to say that I just purchased my 1st truck with 20" tires (wife's) this year, so I can't yet say anything definite about that tire size. However in 16" and 17" LT's, I can unequivocally say that Michelin LTX A/T2's are by far the best tire I have ever ran on this class of truck in over 30 years of driving them.