Can you still buy trim for greystone fifth wheel?

My Lab chewed a small piece of molding today during a storm. Can I buy this piece any where. I am so ****ed. uploadfromtaptalk1376614315891.jpguploadfromtaptalk1376614315891.jpg
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

danemayer

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. have your VIN # ready.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Contact Heartland Customer Service and tell them you have a pic of the piece you need, they may have some still. On the factory tour, I saw a bin full of "pieces" that didn't look like current model stuff.

Erika

Update. The picture was taken by my wife and sent to me at work. I work nights as a police officer. When I got home it wasn't near as bad as the picture shows. It looks more like the trim split and peeled off.not sure now the dog is the culprit because I can perfectly match up the peeled off section and there are no scratch or chew marks, plus the area this is at is very hard to get to and nothing around it is disturbed. This brings me to another problem

I checked all doors and trim near the bottom through out the fifth wheel and all door jams and trim are coming apart. Is this common. The coach is very well taken care of and untill recently we just started living in it. Its a 2011 bought in 2012.

This is very disturbing to think that the product craftsmanship is this terrible or material is flawed because overall I love my graystone. I bought the heartland because of the high quality reviews I recieved. I guess now I'm going to need to buy all trim for the coach. I can't believe that ever piece near the bottom is like mush or peeling apart. I'm sure my platinum warranty doesn't cover cosmetic items like this either. Has anyone noticed this kind of problem before. I know laminated wood with peel but this is crazy.

Very disturbing
Coy

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just looking at your pictures, it doesn't look like the trim just 'fell apart'. It looks more like something may have been rubbing on it.
Just a couple of thoughts, vacuum cleaner? Chair? Something stowed in the camper while traveling? Rodent inside? And of course, maybe it was the Lab.
It looks like some of the wood is gone. Did you find remnants?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I'd guess there's some moisture at the root of this. The vertical cracks in the veneer on the left side might be from swelling of the material underneath, or perhaps from cracking.

At the top right the jagged edges suggest the missing piece was broken off. Parts of the veneer look like it may have been torn. The bottom left marks could be from the dog. My guess is there was some deterioration causing the missing part to become loose and then maybe it got some help.

If this is happening all around the coach, maybe you have a heat/humidity problem when the trailer is in storage.

Spoke to heartland. They have the 6 7' pieces I need. I will probably buy these and install after house is built and were no living in it. Just to prevent new ones from being destroyed.

Thanks for everyone's help

Grey Ghost

We have a 2011 Greystone 29MK and have never had that sort of problem. Sound like you have some sort of moisture problem. We love our Greystone also, sure sorry they are no longer making this model. Good luck with the unit and the dog!