Fireplace Issues (Greystone F3610G)

happykraut

My Greystone Model #F3610G is not working correctly either. Sometimes the flames go into the logs instead of coming out. Also auto doesn't appear to be working. Have called the factory 3 times now, but still no help.

wdk450

Re: FMI Fireplace Thermostat

I don't know if I have the same model fireplace as yours. My fireplace controls have 2 switches and 3 adjustable controls with knobs. 1 switch is the master on, the other switch is the added heat switch. The one knob adjusts the background light intensity, the 2nd knob adjusts the vertical dancing flames image speed, and the 3rd knob adjusts the heater on setpoint. The light blower blows continuously, heated when the heater setpoint control tells the heater to come on.
The 3 adjustable controls have proven to be flaky over the years, but I have been able to direct a strong stream of Cramolyn DeOxideIt electrical contact restorer against the control shafts and into the controls. That fixes them for a while.

danemayer

My Greystone Model #F3610G is not working correctly either. Sometimes the flames go into the logs instead of coming out. Also auto doesn't appear to be working. Have called the factory 3 times now, but still no help.
Bernie, do I remember that you were working on your electrical system to add an inverter? Did the flames start running backwards after that work?

Theresau

Does your have a remote and a digital display? Ours appears to work but I'm going to double check further - we'll need this in the winter. It heats well and flames adjust correctly it appears but haven't ever set the temp and then waited for it to turn off. Ours also has a timer - haven't tested that yet. Guess we'd better do this...

happykraut

Dan, my inverter is not hooked up to anything. It is always turned off and I only use it at overnight stops while traveling. The output hooks into a extension line which comes in under the bedroom dresser. It isn't plugged in.
Bill, I have no knobs on my Greystone. It is all push-buttons and has a remote which controls the thermostat.