Picture posting

porthole

Retired
Maybe I'm missing something. Is there a way to easily search for already posted pictures to add to a new post?

In my example below; I was looking for a picture to link to. I have 39 pages of pics listed here but the screen real estate only shows 20 thumbnails where there is room for about 50.
If the full space was utilized it would cut down on the number of pages to look through.

That and Can I sort them by date or name? Whenver I go to htis page they seem to be in a random order.

Forum_pictures.JPG

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have multiple pages on the screen, but trying to find a specific one is a PITA, so I just reload it. I'm looking for some way to delete most of them from there.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
If you right click on Home under the Folders area and then click on add folder you can add folders. Then by checking on the thumbnails and then you drag them to any folder you desire. See attachment.

Attachments

• Manage Attachments.JPG
    Manage Attachments.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Duane, down in the lower right hand corner of the screen with the icons you'l see arrows. Single arrow, single page. Double arrow last page. Is this what you were looking for? I like Terry's info. I didn't notice that till now. Dang, more stuff for my plate, sorting pictures.:rolleyes:

porthole

Retired
Ray, no. I know about moving about the pages, but you can only move one page at a time, or jump to either end.

My question was instead of only seeing the 20 thumbnails at one time, being able to fill all the blank space under the the 20 that do show.

The thing Terry pointed I never noticed either. I'll give that a try. Although it won't fill the real estate it would make searching easier.

Now to the guru's - If I start moving pics to folders will the link remain intact?

danemayer

Duane, I recently created 8 folders to organize pictures and pdf attachments by subject because I got tired of paging through page after page to find something that had already been uploaded. I haven't gone back to old posts to check, but I don't think it breaks anything.

I'm pretty sure that when you upload an attachment/photo, it's stored in the database. Then when you attach it to a note, the forum software puts a link back to where it's really stored in the database. When you organize attachments, it's the same. I don't think it changes where the attachment really exists in the database. The thumbnail is just a pointer to the real file.

porthole

Retired
So where is that folder view if you are not making a post?

I can find two albums on my profile, one with 2 pictures and one with no pics.
I found a list of attachments, but it was not a usable list for purposes of re-arranging.

And that folder view does not sort the folder names apparently.

And the next question. Since I am now trying to move photos around, how can I go to a full size pic if the thumbnail is too small to really tell what it is?

danemayer

Duane,

If you REPLY to POST, and GO TO ADVANCED just under the text box, at the right, and scroll down the advanced screen, you'll find MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. That's one way to open the window you're probably familiar with that lets you upload attachments, or embed them in posts.

At the top left of that window, right-click on HOME, as shown in the attached screen capture. That'll let you add folders that you can name whatever you like. As you can see, I've added 8 folders.

Attachments

• Manage Attachments.jpg
    Manage Attachments.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 25

porthole

Retired
I was looking for a link without actually having to make a post - manage attachments.

Something more user friendly.

Also, a little sort would be nice as well as a way to view a bigger thumbnail or the linked picture.

Time to give the horse more hay - the forum is so slow it is like being back on my 14.4 dial up!

This pic was waiting for the HL pages to load. I opened up all the other pages and read them and the HL site still was not loaded.

HL_forum_slowwwwwww.jpg