Broken Shelf Support

Greengas

And finally, at least for today, here are some pictures of the shelf supports in the closet right inside the entrance door. These supports come in sections and are screwed to the wall. Well, it seems that my friend, the same one who put the door bumper in the wrong spot and cut through the pex pipes, did this install as well. You can see from the pictures that on two sides there is a screw missing that would hold the support in-line. They put a screw in the second hole from the end but not in the end. So, when we went happily down the road the weight of what we had on the shelf (a few pots and pans) was enough to cause the supports to move and the shelf to almost fall. If it was not for the fact that they put a single screw in the back corner of the shelf it would have hit the floor.

Support 1.jpeg

Support 2.jpeg

I guess what they say is true, that buying an RV today is like buying a car in the 1920's. You better be ready to do a lot of repair work. Kinda sad though to have these things happen to a coach that costs as much as a Landmark does. But I know that it is pretty much the norm across the industry. Oh well, we put our coach at our home park on Wednesday and will live in it for two weeks. Should be interesting to see what else I find.