Experiences with Dealer - Wilkins RV Bath NY

DWH

DW and I are hoping to up grade to a Savannah in the near future. Jim the unit you ordered sounds just about perfect. I will be at Hershey to see all the the latest. I was told that Wilkens RV will have the Landmarks on display there and that they will be very competitive with their pricing. My present Landmark was purchased at the wholesaler in Elkhart. No complaints but it is over 11hrs away and that presents its own issues. Wilkins is about 2hrs away, no bowl of cherries, but certainly doable. But If I'm going to consider switching I would like to know I'll be dealing with a reputable and reliable organization. Yesterday one post spoke of a very disappointing and frustrating experience and said they would never go back. Kind of scared me a little. But I want to be fair, it was one experience. I was hoping to hear from a number of others. I was told they did a great deal of business at Hershey last year, so I"d like to hear of others' experiences. Please let me hear the good as well as the not so good. I know we often only chime in when we're not happy. Thank you for any light you can shed on our path.

DWH
Doug Hoeffner
2011 Chevy 3500
2012 San Antonio

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We did not purchase from Wilkins, only because we needed to pick up our unit in December...NOT in NY..LOL!! The experience we had with them was from the damage done after a tire blowout in PA. They took us in, allowed us to stay on their lot with electric and water, and worked us in finishing the work in a week. The job they did was exceptional! Based on our experience with the company and their service department, we would highly recommend them...

4ever

I did not purchase a unit from them however, a few years ago on a trip I had stopped in to there service department. My unit was under warranty and I had an issue with my TV. Wilkens fit me into there schedule. Unfortunately they could not help as they were told the TV had to go to an authorized TV shop. They were professional and tried to help us out. I was impressed with there organization and there overall facility. Have also heard good things about them over the last few years.

Ted

brianharrison

It appears there are mixed opinions to Wilkins RV in Bath - some good some bad. There was a thread a day or so ago regarding a poor experience.

Brian

mallard29s

DW and I are hoping to up grade to a Savannah in the near future. Jim the unit you ordered sounds just about perfect. I will be at Hershey to see all the the latest. I was told that Wilkens RV will have the Landmarks on display there and that they will be very competitive with their pricing. My present Landmark was purchased at the wholesaler in Elkhart. No complaints but it is over 11hrs away and that presents its own issues. Wilkins is about 2hrs away, no bowl of cherries, but certainly doable. But If I'm going to consider switching I would like to know I'll be dealing with a reputable and reliable organization. Yesterday one post spoke of a very disappointing and frustrating experience and said they would never go back. Kind of scared me a little. But I want to be fair, it was one experience. I was hoping to hear from a number of others. I was told they did a great deal of business at Hershey last year, so I"d like to hear of others' experiences. Please let me hear the good as well as the not so good. I know we often only chime in when we're not happy. Thank you for any light you can shed on our path.

DWH
Doug Hoeffner
2011 Chevy 3500
2012 San Antonio

Our recent experience (July 2013) purchasing a 2011 Country Ridge has led us to believe that once you make your purchase, Wilkins wipes their hands clean and goes on to the next. I don't want to get into all the details, the biggest thing they pulled during the sale was to tell us to get to our target payment we would have to go to a 10-12 year loan. Not a problem. But when we go to sign our loan papers it is for 15 years... Their response, "sorry but we had to do that to get to the payment we needed" They could have gotten there by lowering the price we paid. Shame on us, I should have told them to shove the deal in their back side and walked out the door. We had other issues that they conveniently say they cant find the notes or emails pertaining to the issues. My opinion, stay clear of them. Go to your other choice. We will never go back or refer them to our friends or anyone else....

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

wehavefun

I have purchased two units from Wilkins RV, I have nothing but great things to tell you of my experiences there, from the purchase to warranty 100% satisfied, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

I have come across many people in my travels including one this past weekend that have purchased RV's from Wilkins and are satisfied customers.

theroes

They didn't want to deal when we purchased are greystone last year. Hard to get the to call back or e-mail once I gave them the quote from Rv Wholesalers. I saved 8 gs by going to Rv Wholesalers. Wilkins was only a 2 hr drive and I went past them to Ohio to pick up the greystone. I wouldn't by anything from them, they are the same class as camping world.