GREAT Dealer and Service can't undo bad product

JerryLM

We have a dealer in Oregon, Porters Rv Sales in Coos Bay, Great dealer and his service people bust their backs to make things right for you. Very professional and when they repair something it is better than it was originally in most cases. Can't say enough good about the guys.
But you can only ask so much of a repair tech and in our case our fifth wheel is so bad it's overwhelming!!!
We have a 2012 Big Horn Silverado, I sincerely wish we didn't, But, anyone who has had trouble with their rig I feel for you as we are going through it every single trip we have made.
Our Big Horn has been in the shop for Months!! at least ten return visits in the last 7 months and one for 45 days waiting for a new waste tank. Two bad and leaking valves for the tanks, leaking and defective black tank, furnace not mounted to the floor and blowing air into space, storage doors literally self destructing, slam and forget it??? slam and fall off!! Roof vents not installed above roof line,needed to extend and reseal, leaking and maladjusted slides, noisy fridge, underbelly replacement as old was soaked with waste, bad kitchen floor, pantry and closet doors all warped, leaking rear window and now delimitation, kitchen drawers fell out as the frame was not attached inside, drawer under fridge disintegrated when my wife pulled it out yesterday. Then the brakes quit working on the trailer as the magnet was hanging loose in the wheel causing a short, washroom faucet not working, most has been repaired by Porter's but now the leak and delay and drawer and outside storage doors are for our visit this coming Friday. And this is a short list, many many more minor repairs have already been done.......
We have written and called Hearland to no avail, I am going to try again today but in all honesty I don't think this trailer will ever be right. I may be the only one who bought a lemon but so far it's been a nightmare!!!
Jerry & Sherrie in Florence Or.

dbbls59

I feel your pain. It took me 4 years to get all the bugs fixed on my previous trailer. It was another brand but all manufactures have lemons. So far it has been 13 months and I think I have just about got all the bugs fixed on my Big Country. I swore I would never get another new rig but I did. Next time I'll look for a two year old one and hope the previous owner has it all fixed.