Gel Coat Fading

righttime

As many other owners of the grey Big Country the end cap is fading badly. I have tried a number of different products and none seem to last. I was just reviewing the web site for Poliglow. Has anybody tried this and does it work?

Thanks

4ever

I am not sure what to use now that you have the problem however, it is a fairly new unit to have the gel coat fading. When waxing gel coat make sure you do not use car wax with carnuba in it. That will cause gel coat to fade and get chalky. You need to use boat was without carnuba. I know this from my past experiences owning boats with gel coat.

Lynn1130

No wax/polimer is going to correct the problem with the end cap fade. The problem is a lack of UV protector in the paint. Contact Heartland Customer Service with some photos of the cap. They have been helping some with the repaint/repair from what I have seen here. As I understand it this was a mistake by the subcontractor but that is hearsay on my part.

GOTTOYS

No wax/polimer is going to correct the problem with the end cap fade. The problem is a lack of UV protector in the paint. Contact Heartland Customer Service with some photos of the cap. They have been helping some with the repaint/repair from what I have seen here. As I understand it this was a mistake by the subcontractor but that is hearsay on my part.
I don't know whose fault it was but every gray Big Country I've seen will do this. They aren't painted they only have gel coat. I had mine painted and clear coated to cure it. Now the rear cap is doing the same thing. I tried Zep floor finish on the rear. It worked but doesn't seem to be holding up as well...Contact Heartland and they should help you out. Keep in mind the rear cap will soon start also if it hasn't already...Don