Onan 5500 Gold edition problem

DeeDub

Hello Guys, I purchased a 07 Heartland cyclone 3795 2 yrs ago. My family and I love it. However, I have a recurring generator issue. Last year right before we headed out to the dunes my generator wouldnt continue to run, It would start but quickly shut off. So I took it to a local RV part/shop and told them that It was flashing a code that said "required maintenance by a tech". The dealer ended up replacing the governor idle spring... After that it ran fine. Now its doing the same thing. Im temped to try and repair it myself maybe if I get some support/info. If not I guess ill head back to the rv shop and tell that what the heck. Any help would be appreciated

Mrsfish

I'm by no means a big user and others definitely are but my brother was having trouble with his onan until they replace/cleaned the fuel filter. Has run perfectly since then

DeeDub

Thanks for the Reply, When I purchased it the original owner had it replaced. Sorry about putting this thread in the wrong topic.

Vtxkid

Would recommend that you keep a bottle of Seafoam in your fuel cell to extend the life of your fuel, plus it clears up any fuel issues you might be having at that time. Ensure you run your genny at least once every month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

DeeDub

Seafoam, never heard of it but ill give it a shot. I run my genny once an month for about 30mins to an hour under a load. When I get some time off im going to take it in. thanks for the reply

whp4262

Another thing you might consider is the fuel pump. I had a motorhome before the toy hauler and had some of the same problems you are having. Ended up changing the fuel pump out on the Gen.