Aluminum Wheels - Pressure Rating

BigJohnD

I've seen bits and pieces here and there on this forum about upgrading the tires on various Heartland fifth wheels. The Goodyear G614 looks like a decent upgrade over the Towmax tires, but, will the aluminum wheels that come on the Gateway handle the 110 PSI? Does anybody know the pressure rating of the wheels?

BigJohnD

Hopefully it's on the back. Pretty sure dealer isn't going to break a tire off the rim just to find out. Then again they might. We're going to end up ordering a Gateway 3650 soon since nobody has what we want, and it'd be nice to know more about the wheels. I've been through this same ordeal with previous units while upgrading tires and you had to remove the tire to see the stamp inside the wheel. We just have zero experience with Heartland and what they put on the units, so here I am. Total gamble for us, so hope this unit will hold up to what we expect.

BigJohnD

Looking at the wheels in the pictures of the units on the lots, they appear to be the T07 8-Spoke 8-Lug wheels, which have a 3750 rating. Found them on the Tredit Tire site. Should be a 110psi rim with that weight rating.

MCTalley

Should be 110's from what you are describing. Sendel is the wheel manufacturer, so you could match up on their website and double-check specs there.

If you are ordering your Gateway, you might be able to get the G614's put on at the factory.

yport

I have a Big Horn 3685RL being delivered from factory in 2 weeks ... actually have the dealer upgrading to the Goodyear G614's for me ... and got them cheaper than the Build Sheet Option was. I asked the dealer the same question regarding the rims. He verified that it comes standard with the same rims that the heavier Landmarks come with, and no problem adding the G Rated 110PSI tires to it.

MTPockets

I have a Big Horn 3685RL being delivered from factory in 2 weeks ... actually have the dealer upgrading to the Goodyear G614's for me ... and got them cheaper than the Build Sheet Option was. I asked the dealer the same question regarding the rims. He verified that it comes standard with the same rims that the heavier Landmarks come with, and no problem adding the G Rated 110PSI tires to it.
This is probably correct info, but I would verify direct with Heartland first.

BigJohnD

According to pictures, Tredit and Heartland, they are 110. Way to pricey to have factory upgrade, so I'll buy what I want and have mounted / balanced after it comes in. Thanks all for the replies.