Switched to DISH anywhere app for trailer...FREE!

Kblock108

I have been researching sat. systems but I was not too keen on the added bill. I saw DISH has the new hopper, which allows you to watch tv anywhere. I use it a lot on my iPhone while at work ;) So, what I did was hooked my apple tv (which cost 99 and free each month). Then I go to the app and go through the guide or my DVD. hit play and I am good to go. The issue arises with no cell service, well not bullet proof but they give you the ability to transfer all u want to your IOS system and play those. This works for me, plus i bought a hdmi extender to watch everything on more tv's. Just what I am doing and thought I would throw it out there...for those interested, I get all my electronic stuff from www.monoprice.com, nice and cheap and good quality.

evolvingpowercat

Yes, this works until you hit the data usage limit in your CG's WiFi and then you are done until you move on to the next CG. Or does not work at all if the CG has set up their WiFi system so that no one can use the bandwidth needed to watch TV and slow everyone else down. If you have a 3G or LTE carrier data modem until you hit your usage limit and start being hit with huge charges for overages or start being throttled if you are on a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

Kblock108

I was simply telling everyone about an option...I was not looking for a lecture on data usage or phone issues. All those were taken into consideration. The stream option does not suck up data...I work in technology and there are ways around everything, legal yes. Things are not always black and white. Before criticizing you should consider other options

ParkIt

Don't get your undies in a wad, he was asking if you'd taken that into consideration and wondering if the CG where you are at is set up so everyone else isn't getting slowed down from live streaming or an external to load up for viewing later.
Not many know how to legally connect with wifi anywhere or FTA though its starting to come out with someone now making a ton of money with flat pad antennas to get FTA...for starters.

ParkIt

Please...let's not turn this into RV.net....OP, thanks for the info!
lmbo - hopefully it hasn't shot past that mark! ;)

Currently helping a CG get wifi through the entire park, as a test we had folks turn everything on at once with youtube in HD. The numbers looked good then went flat, clocked out in no time. Still have a lot of work to do on that one as we know many are netflix subscribers with a few uploading pictures and video from their phones and tablets. It isn't easy finding places to get power and lock them up but we're working on it, lucky for the CG it's within 300' of the largest fiber optic lines in the state and a massive 4G cellular tower.
Geeking out can be fun :)