Cyclone over bed lighting change

I found the puck lights over the bed to be dysfunctional for a couple of reasons. First, they beam directly down into the eyes if trying to read, and not so much on reading material. Second, they are either both on or off. There is no option of lighting one side and not the other.

So I replaced the puck lights with LED swivel/angle lights. I now have the light away from the eyes, and can aim it where desired. The lights also come with their own on/off switch so my wife and I can use our own for reading without lighting up the other.

The puck light hole was too big for the new light base screws to attach to ceiling. I cut a 4"x4" base out of 1/4" finished oak plywood (24"x24" sheet only about $3.50). I then painted the base to match the headboard, attached the base to the ceiling, and finally screwed the light fixture onto the base.

Below are before and after pictures.

ji8t.jpg rf4g.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I like the new lights.
Looks real nice along with being functional.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

retirie

retired investigator
i have cyclone 3010 2014 and put low profile flourescend with switch. 4' small bulb. lights table great routed from under cabinet along wall hardly visible. if interested contact for pics. have fun camping cliff marshall