Road Warrior Toy Hauler

DesertThumper

I've been probing for related info on "Road Warriors" but will do more of it real soon. So I decided to go ahead share our experience with our new purchase/trade In. We had our RV Salesmen assist with the delivery of our new Road Warrior 400W 2013 today! Wow.... This thing is massive. We traded our Dutchmen Colorado RL321 36 footer for this massive apartment home and man cave area. Anyways, we are excited and ready to take it out and spread it's wings in a few weeks here and do some Dirt bike and quad riding. Don't know enough about the reliability etc enough about it. Brett, our salesmen raved about Heartland units being a "great" well rounded 5ver, also called Heartland to get some additional information, search for info in regards to this coach and all seem to present itself as a well built coach. So we choose the"Road Warrior".:)

taken

They are indeed great trailers. While all brands have problems from time to time, I've found that Heartland seems to get them resolved like no other. This board is a great help too. One thing I would do right away is get some Goodyear G614 tires under your new toy. We did it the day after we took delivery. The Towmax tires that came with your rig will blow soon enough and cause damage which can be prevented with an investment in decent tires. Do a search on this and other boards. The problem is well documented. Other than that, enjoy. We are taking ours along with our atv's next week for some outdoor fun....

ILH

They are indeed great trailers. While all brands have problems from time to time, I've found that Heartland seems to get them resolved like no other. This board is a great help too. One thing I would do right away is get some Goodyear G614 tires under your new toy. We did it the day after we took delivery. The Towmax tires that came with your rig will blow soon enough and cause damage which can be prevented with an investment in decent tires. Do a search on this and other boards. The problem is well documented. Other than that, enjoy. We are taking ours along with our atv's next week for some outdoor fun....

If you can't afford the tires, at least invest in a tpms.

taken

If you can't afford the tires, at least invest in a tpms.

Yes, forgot that. We have that too. Cheap insurance that will let you know of a potential problem before it get's serious. Go for the TST system. Don't even consider Hawks Head. Absolute garbage...

DesertThumper

<p>
Thanks for the update with the tires. How much did your tires and installation cost you?  That is such a bummer when we spend so much to retrofit from truck, hitch to trailer and in between.  They could have at least put some better tires on so we don't have to risk danger.</p>

Last edited:

taken

<p>
Thanks for the update with the tires. How much did your tires and installation cost you?  That is such a bummer when we spend so much to retrofit from truck, hitch to trailer and in between.  They could have at least put some better tires on so we don't have to risk danger.</p>

I hear ya. That's everyone's complaint. What's worse is they have the Goodyear tires available right from the Heartland factory but it's considered a "hidden option" so most customers and dealers don't know when ordering that they are available. I got mine from an online place called simple tire for $326 each. Then took them as well as my wheels down to a local garage for the swap. Cost about $50. Funny thing was, the bare Goodyears weighed more than the Towmax still mounted on the wheels! That's how HD they are.

DesertThumper

Hi Everyone Again! We took the big boy out for the first time at the desert for some dirt bike riding adventure. The trailer behavior did well. Everything inside works. Some minor items we noticed that should have been taken care of during PDI, but it's another day older. So we will deal with it another way. Overall, It is a very nice unit and we look forward to taking it out again and enjoying. There are some shelving units my wife wants to add to the trailer. The bed will be replaced as well. Happy traveling! Oh, be safe on the road.
20131012_143439.jpg20131012_143414.jpg

dougw

Nice looking trailer. Glad it and the new tires are working out for you.

Riding season is here, get out and enjoy all!

frumbawa

Beautiful rig Al. Glad to hear the maiden voyage went well. The invite for Ocotillo Wells this weekend is still open. We are loaded up and ready to go.

Frank

DesertThumper

Beautiful rig Al. Glad to hear the maiden voyage went well. The invite for Ocotillo Wells this weekend is still open. We are loaded up and ready to go.

Frank

Your Killing me Frank! J/K. Wife is scheduled for a women weekend at her friends house. I would love to join you but hate to be solo on the mission. If my son was still living with me, I would drag him out but he is away for college.

We agreed to get the permanent marker out and block off certain weekends for our season pass of dirt bike camping. Our next trip out is on November 8, 9 & 10 at Dove Springs. What do you think?

DesertThumper

Nice. It would be great to get some of us Cyclone and Road Warriors together for a weekend pass. That would be very cool. I am open to ideas. Anyone else interested in planning a date?

DesertThumper

Doug, from your previous thread, it looks like your breaks are good to go. You guys are headed to Johnson Valley right?

dougw

The new brakes are good to go (1 test drive down, fingers still crossed)

26-27 is ocotillo wells
nov 9-11 ( vets weekend) stoddard valley
gone this year for t-day so maybe after t-day and before Xmas.
Xmas has been either o.w. or cal city in years past with fun groups of people.

now riding season is here let's try to set something up.