Carryout Sat. Dish on rear ladder

Bob Vaughn

I am thinking of installing the Wingard Carryout Sat. Antenna on my rear ladder. Has anyone else done this and how hard is it to run the cables to the front dock? My other project is to install a cell phone booster antenna on the ladder.....I have climbed the ladder a couple of times and do not like it so I use an extention ladder when I need to get up there....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had mine there briefly, but the trees blocked it. There was more than enough cable and power cord to run from the UDC to the antenna. I had it lying on the ground under the rig and then up the ladder. Mounting the antenna on the ladder cannot be done while on it, you must have an extension ladder to do it.

Gaffer

I have seen several installs like that. The easiest way to manage the cables would be to shorten them and put new connectors on them at or near the ladder. Then run from there to the UDC when you are parked.

ncc1701e

I am thinking of installing the Wingard Carryout Sat. Antenna on my rear ladder. Has anyone else done this and how hard is it to run the cables to the front dock? My other project is to install a cell phone booster antenna on the ladder.....I have climbed the ladder a couple of times and do not like it so I use an extention ladder when I need to get up there....

Something like this? Satelite Mount 1.jpg Jan Flag and Dish Setup.jpg The first picture is of our satellite on our older camper and the second is of the same setup after I moved it to the new trailer when we traded in November. If you want the details I've got a complete build sheet with details and source for materials in a PDF file. You are certainly welcome to the file. I do not leave mine up all the time. Just put it up when we camp. I have seen a similar setup made of stainless steel and the gentleman did leave his up all the time so that is a possibility. I just don't like the thought of it bouncing around on that ladder going down the road.

Tom

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bob, I did it. Depending on how you want to run the cables will mean how hard it will be. It took me a couple of days...but the setup works slick. The ladder kit comes with alot of stuff that you will need.