Hide a bed sofa

azbound

I see some of you are replacing the sofa, is there a problem or issue with the Air Mattress ? My new BH 3400RL is scheduled to arrive this week.

azbound

Az, It wasn't the mattress that we didn't like it was the fabric and the overall design of the sofa it wasn't designed for comfort. We are opting for a leather reclining love seat and 2 shivel glider chairs for the rear cap. Only problem is if we have sleep over company. but I suspect that our comfort is more important than the few guests that will be sleeping over. Besides I can always use an air mattress on the floor.

regan

Regan
We have really liked our sofa, we find it to be comfortable, and we frequently have guests. They all have said it is very comfortable to sleep on. If we are dry camping I use a battery powered inverter to inflate/deflate so it takes just a few minutes to get the bed ready. Bighorn 3400 RL, 2008

Happy Campers

We also like our sofa but havn't used the air mattress yet and probably wont but for that just in case moment we are ready.

cjbearden

Visitor
I LOVE the new air mattress sofa. Replaced our two raggedy horrible recliners earlier in the year with the new sofa so we have two sofas in our 2006 BH3400RL. Best thing I ever did. IMO, it sleeps better than the king bed!! Also, the sofa is higher than the other sofa that was in our unit and it is easier for me to rise from. Just a case of individuality and what each person likes. Did replace the original air mattress and new one works great, only an occasional blurp of air during the night to reinflate. We made sure we covered any exposed bolts or metal parts on the frame that might dig into the underside of the mattress.

Our biggest problem is keeping our two cats (with back claws) off the mattress when it is out for use. They think it is a great place for naps. I put out a special pad for them and they now know that's their spot and they can't go anywhere else on the bed!

Good Luck with your sofa!

soilmovers

azbound said:
I see some of you are replacing the sofa, is there a problem or issue with the Air Mattress ? My new BH 3400RL is scheduled to arrive this week.

azbound
I love the sofa. Our guests have commented on how comfortable the air mattress sleeper is, too. I did buy a storage ottoman for the sofa where the lid can be turned over and used as a table.

Cindy

We are having a problem with the frame of the sofa bed. Where the feet belong does not stay flat. Is there something we are missing when we are opening the bed - some kind of latch that we aren't fastening?

Any help will be appreciated!