Interior Lights

BuddyB

We are looking and are probably getting ready to purchase a 2011 405 RW. We have looked at the trailer a couple of times now and have a big question.

Light switches???? The main living area ceiling lights are controled by a switch on the main panel with the generator/hot water heater etc. But what about the rest of the lights? (Bedroom, bathroom, garage etc) Do you have to use the switch on the light itself or are we missing something? THe trailer has a lot of the bells and whistles we both like, but just can't figure the light switches out.

Thanks

Buddy

jimtoo

Hi BuddyB,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Usually all the interior lights are controlled by switches on the wall someplace. I'm sure some of our other 405 owners will jump in soon with some info.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

DesertThumper

Hey Buddy. That's a great question. We just bought a 400W two days ago and started reloading our trailer today. We will check it tomorrow and see what turns on and where with all the light switches. I was testing both AC units on at the same time on low though and seem to be good. Need to test other utilities tomorrow too.

Lou_and_Bette

Hi BuddyB, we full time in our 2011 405 and love it. The main coach lights are controlled by the switch in the main panel but have to be on at the light for the switch to work. These lights are high so I'm sure that's why they are on a switch. The only other light in the coach that are controlled by a switch is the one in the garage that is controlled by the switch near the side door next to the controls for your Fantastic fan. Of course, the lights on the outside of the coach are controlled by a switch inside. The flood lights on each side and the porch light switches are in the same main panel, the flood lights over the ramp door are with the ceiling light switch in the garage. All other lights are controlled by the switch actually on the light. I know you will enjoy the 405 we love ours. If you have any other questions, lease let me know. Lou

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Turn on all the switches. Then turn on all the switch for the interior lites. That way you can figure out what switch turns on what lites. Some lites have 2 bulbs...so you may have to play with the switch on the lites. Im surprised that you dealer did not show you how they work.

BuddyB

I've done a lot of research on the RW 405 so I probably know more than the sales guy. We are selling a 3Horse Liveing Quarter trailer and there is a light switch right by the door so you can light up the trailer when you first get in, but no such switch on the 405, kinna shocked that it wouldn't have one. Will try the other ideas posted so far.

But if anyone else has any ideas.....

Thanks

Buddy