Is the 3600RE a fulltime unit or not ?

dmcvay

My wife and I are very seriously considering a 3600RE for full-time use. Nuwa, Cameo, DoubleTree etc. market their products with this claim as a main selling point. Does Heartland (Bighorn in particular) consider their units equal to their competition in this respect?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Heartland doesn't come right out and say they are full-time rigs, however, we're full-timing in our 3600RL and it is proving to be a great rig for this lifestyle. Haven't had any problems with warranty work and they pretty much know we're full-timers. Hope this helps.

timk

Just spend a night in a hotel every 6 months. Then its not full time. And everyones happy.

Forrest Fetherolf

kakampers said:
Heartland doesn't come right out and say they are full-time rigs, however, we're full-timing in our 3600RL and it is proving to be a great rig for this lifestyle. Haven't had any problems with warranty work and they pretty much know we're full-timers. Hope this helps.

Heartland does come right out and say in their owner's manual......not for full time use, may void warranty. This is one of those disclaimers manufacturers use as a escape in case of premature failure. Sounds very silly to me.............................like saying.......................use it but not to much so it doesn't wear out before the warranty is up.

Forrest

Pulltab

But to their credit, to the best of my knowledge of reading have never refused to fix a unit. :)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Forrest...you are correct, in print they definitely say it is not for full-timing...that is basically to cover their "you know what". However, while dealing with Heartland, we and others, have had no problems with them knowing we are basically full-timing. It's kinda like the military...don't ask, don't tell!

Tom of Ypsi

Whether using your coach as a recreational vehicle or living in it fulltime I do not think the manufacturers really care it is your service facility that is doing the work. The warranty is for only 1 year anyways. The BIG difference is that Heartland goes the extra mile to make its customers happy while the others just go.