Moving Threads

bwc1950

This suggestion if for the forum moderators.

When members post a subject, moderators may find a need to move the post to a "more appropriate location".... I would be grateful to the moderators if you would also include the link to the location you moved the thread to. The forum topics and threads are quite numerous and I believe the link to the move would help all of us avoid searching for the new location.

Thank you for your tireless efforts in keeping this forum user friendly and enforcing the rules.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
bwc1950... I don't know if this would help you or not, but I rarely use forum subsections (only to start a new post). I almost always use the active topics drop down and hit last 2 days, and see if anything has been updated from the last time I read or replied. I also will go to my profile and select latest post from left side and scroll thru those to find something a bit older. I'm sure there are other tools to speed up the searching issue (other than the advanced search box) that others use and they might also chime in.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
bwc1950... I don't know if this would help you or not, but I rarely use forum subsections (only to start a new post). I almost always use the active topics drop down and hit last 2 days, and see if anything has been updated from the last time I read or replied. I also will go to my profile and select latest post from left side and scroll thru those to find something a bit older. I'm sure there are other tools to speed up the searching issue (other than the advanced search box) that others use and they might also chime in.

Why not just use new/unread posts unless you are looking for a specific post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

danemayer

When threads are moved, the default is that a redirect is created, but expires in one week. The expiration allows you to come back and find the original thread within a week, but cleans up the clutter that would be created by leaving permanent links.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions...I'll give them a try.

bwc1950, As mentioned, using the "New Posts" tab at the left side of the tool bar is a good way to go directly to anything you have not seen since your last log in. When I read everything I'm interested in, I then use the "Mark Forums Read" tab to keep the new post list from growing because I may not actually read every post. Next time I come back in, I click new posts and only the new posts appear.