3rd AC unit in toy hauler

WTHunter

Can anyone tell me how efficient the AC is in the garage? We are mostly summer campers. Does two units cool it well or would it be worth ordering the third. Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi WTHunter,

One thing to be aware of is that you can only run two units at a time because of power limitations. I believe there's a transfer switch that lets you run the bedroom or the garage unit as 2nd A/C.

I'd expect you'll hear shortly from Toy Hauler owners as to how well 3 units cool the rig.

Subdrv

Hi WTHunter,

One thing to be aware of is that you can only run two units at a time because of power limitations. I believe there's a transfer switch that lets you run the bedroom or the garage unit as 2nd A/C.

I'd expect you'll hear shortly from Toy Hauler owners as to how well 3 units cool the rig.

you are correct. I have a switch under the tank monitor panel that lets me run either living room and bedroom or living room and garage. If I were using the garage as a second bed room are a place to watch tv then the ac is used. My is the same as the bed room works great. I would like to be able to run garage and bedroom at the same time.

conradsteph

Garage AC works well but as others have noted you can't run all three. If you do get the third, check how it is ducted. Ours is not. There are 2 ac ducts in the garage ceiling but they come from the other units. The garage AC has an awkward vent placement. One shoots out directly to the TV, the other shoots out directly to the top bunk. I would prefer (and maybe you can order it this way) it to be similar to the living room/ bedroom units - with a dump air vent downward, and vented to smaller vents in garage. Good luck.

WTHunter

Thanks for the input. It all will be helpful come order time. Got about two months for that left, and notes on the note pad are growing.

scottyb

I would like to see the option of running all three when hooked to 50A shore power (50A x 2) and the option to run any combination of two on the genny. Right now, I would settle just to have a 3rd AC. My destination next weekend is forecast in the mid 90's. It will be too hot to leave the dogs in the garage. I've tried fans, even had a fan wedged in the sliding door with a piece of plywood above it. It worked OK but was a PITA to setup and take down.

alex00

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Shopping for a TH, and curious about the garage AC. Is there a simple way to rewire the AC transfer switch to make the living room the 'optional' AC? If I'm wanting to cool the bedroom, I'm also going to want to cool the garage since the kids will be sleeping there. It would be really nice if the switch was Bedroom & Living Room or Garage instead of Living Room & Bedroom or Garage.

WTHunter

I am sold on getting the 3rd unit. Now depending on what can be done during the built process or a mod to put the two 13.5 on separate switches. It would be nice to have all three isolated.