Pre wire for Sat on a Bighorn 37QB

BBall

Hey guys, I just bought a new 37QB, how hard is it to Prewire for a cable or sat system? I see the coax connectors in the "hookup" area. Any suggestions?

jimtoo

Hi BBall,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The connections in the UDC (Universal Docking Center) or "hookup area" are for satellite. Two of the connections are cables run to the roof area for installation of dish mounted on roof. If a dish is mounted on roof then a jumper is used across these connections. The other two are one for bedroom and one for living room area.

Enjoy the forum and your new Big Horn.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi BBall,

First of all, congratulations on your new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of great information here along with a bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm not familiar with the Silverado configuration, but I'd expect that in the Universal Docking Center (UDC) you have a cable connection and probably several satellite connections. The other end of those connections should terminate in the living room entertainment center with two coax connectors; one for antenna/cable and the other for satellite. You may also have bedroom connections which could be near the TV or in the closet. If you have one bedroom connector near the TV and two connectors in the closet, you'll need to move the jumper between the antenna/cable connector and the satellite connector.

That all said, you probably have all the prewiring that you need. All you have to do is connect the TV(s) and satellite equipment.

Your dealer should have shown you the signal booster that needs to be ON for antenna use and OFF for cable. Also, on the TV menu, you'll no doubt have to set the TV for either cable or air and do a channel scan.

Hope this all makes sense to you.