2014 drawers are no longer dove tail joined....now just stapled??

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
In the process of deciding which Cyclone to replace our 2010 3950. Was at Giant RV in CA this week looking at a 4100 King and what caught my attention was the cheap drawer boxes with thin gauge wood and they are now only stapled vs dove tail joined as in our 2010 3950. Why?? This is not something I expect out of Heartland engineering, this is Raptor quality, come on guys!!!! Also noted that there is plenty of veneer tape on the corners of the cupboards and cabinet terminations? The cabinetry is very nicely finished but using this cheap method of finishing will not last and the unit I was in already had some delamination and bubbles showing up.

I understand the quest to reduce weight and also maintain the selling price as close year over year (most RV buyers want more for less) but I would like to suggest that cutting corners as described above make it harder for me to justify the price delta between a Cyclone and a Raptor.

conradsteph

Slightly off topic but speaking of veneer tape, is that something we can purchase from Heartland? Ours is completely splitting on the very bottom of the ladder for the loft. Granted I know this is from our kids not pulling out the ladder before they climb up, I definitely want to clean it up. Or has someone else had the same problem and just opted for a stain? Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Slightly off topic but speaking of veneer tape, is that something we can purchase from Heartland? Ours is completely splitting on the very bottom of the ladder for the loft. Granted I know this is from our kids not pulling out the ladder before they climb up, I definitely want to clean it up. Or has someone else had the same problem and just opted for a stain? Thanks

The veneer tape I've used is applied with heat. You could try resetting it by using an iron on medium setting without steam. Work the area with the iron to soften the adhesive and reset it.