Genesis 3.0 powers on at random,, Fixed!

Nyty

I currently have a Genesis 3.0, this is the second unit in this camper as the other was changed under warrantee. We have had this unit for over a year with no issues. Last night is powered on 4 times by itself. Woke up everyone, any ideas??

wdk450

Re: Genesis 3.0 powers on at random

I currently have a Genesis 3.0, this is the second unit in this camper as the other was changed under warrantee. We have had this unit for over a year with no issues. Last night is powered on 4 times by itself. Woke up everyone, any ideas??

Can you turn it on with an infrared remote? You might try covering the IR window on the stereo in case there is some sort of light interference.

I would also see if this is Radio Frequency Interference. You might try turning off the breaker for the converter/charger - I noticed mine made a lot of RFI when I was doing shortwave listening. The bathroom fan is also an known RFI culprit in these rigs. An AM radio tuned between local channels is a handy help in tracking down RFI sources.

Tracking this down will probably involve a few days of trying something, and seeing if the problem remains.

Nyty

I will look into both those suggestions and keep you posted. Thanks for the quick reply.

Nyty

I have has success! After reading through the manual I had performed a factory reset by holding down the mode function. The unit is performing as well as before along and is no longer turning on by itself. Thank you all. For your help!!