Luv Shak 0 pine tree 1

Princess Kathleen

We pulled into Nauvoo State Park....as Vance makes a very sharp right turn to get to our site....well, after parking....I go in and notice the shades at the rear are detached....yes, we went over some very rough roads, but I did not think that bad....I went out to tell DH and we both look up at the rear cap...OH :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: the rear cap is damaged....BAD:eek: :eek:
DH said he did not feel or hear anything....so here we go again....called insurance...called a local repair shop....not looking good.
I think I attached pictures

:mad: PK

Admin: Added images

Attachments

• tree wreck 001.jpg
    tree wreck 001.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 77
  • tree wreck 002.jpg
    tree wreck 002.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:

jpmorgan37

Princess and Vance,

I am so sorry for your mishap. Hope they are able to get it fixed quick and get you back on the road.

John

khalsey

I(we) camped at Navoo State Park about 5 or 6 years ago when we had our 36 foot Kountry Star. When departing from our site I made a sharp right turn which caused the left back corner to make contact (slightly)with outlet post. Wife had walkie talkie and stopped me in time and only had tiny scratch. The only mishap with that trailer.

Princess Kathleen

Thanks to all for the good wishes. Yes, we called the artist and he is working up a timeline for us. Jim will be posting pics as soon as I can get them to him.
PK

happyrover

mishap

PK,
Sorry to hear and see your mishap. Hopefully you will be able to get it all fixed and repainted and get back on the road. Remember, the WORLD is waiting to see the LUV SHAK. Good luck guys.None

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
WOW!!! Sorry for the nightmare ,can't think a thing to say but WOW. Will be hoping things work out quickly for you and things can only get better......Ken & Kathy

Princess Kathleen

We are scheduled to go in the shop on Dec 10...They will work on the roof while we wait for the rear hub to come in from Heartland (another week!!!!!). Meanwhile, we wait, but we are professional waiters.....we are going on to Arkansas for a family wedding and then back to Illinois and hope to pick up the Luv Shak (Dec 20) hoping hope please
PK

ChopperBill

Wow! Didnt hear or feel anything? It can happen to anyone. I backed into our house twice in 1 month with our old truck camper. Man did I feel stupid! They can fix fiber glass so no one can tell. Now you got a story to tell around the ole camp fire.

khalsey

After going back and reading my last post I didn't complete what I was going to say. Anyway sorry about your mishap and hope it looks as good as new when you get it back and hope to see the Luv Shack sometime during our travels.

bowtorc

luv shack

Sorry about the accident. Sounds like things are on track for a quick repair. We had to have a cap replaced 5-6 years ago and had to wait several weeks for the new one. Sounds like Heartland is coming to the rescue in good time. If you are In Illinois and near Peoria give us a shout.

Roger and Deb