• Number of sites held: n/a
  • Site fee: $ per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee:
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 11/9/2013
  • Potluck time: 5:30pm

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: Flying Dutchman(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
Join us for a fun and relaxing weekend. When making reservations, let the campground know you are with the Heartland group and they will attempt to site us in proximity. This is a Good Sam Park.

Attendees:

van Opstal #
Lathan #51
Funderburg #50
Bylinski #39
Sorrell #
Turner #53
Burnham #54
Tims #48
Massengill #47
Hicks #55
Gallimore #56
Martin #52
Pike #
Munro #46
Stanley #57
Hill #
Barnett (Live in Williamsburg, will stop by)
Hazel #27
Duval #
Pasch #

Agenda: NOT

Friday evening - We are going to Sal's by Victor restaurant for pizza All welcome to join. Very extensive Italian menu if you don't like pizza.

Saturday -
How about a group breakfast? All can contribute something. I will bring my Waffle Iron for waffles. I also plan to have a pot of coffee each morning. Post back if you have an item to contribute.
Late afternoon or early evening- Choice of eating dinner together. This can be "potluck", or just bring your own meal and sit together. Other choice is eat out. There are many good restaurants in the Williamsburg area.
Possibility of an evening campfire?? If you have some wood to spare, bring it with you. We have one of Heartland's finest "fire master" camping with us, so let us enjoy the fruit of his talent.

New: Pam and Jerry Tims will host a wine and cheese social at their campsite (#48) Saturday at 3:00pm. Bring your social drink and a light snack as well as your chair.

Sunday - Coffee and left-overs.

I have asked the campground manager for access to their meeting room. There are supposedly 2 other groups attending the same weekend, but I have been assured that we can use one of their 2 rooms. It may be the smaller room, but it will at least allow us to be indoors if the weather is cool or wet. Stay flexible.

I want all to enjoy this camp-out without feeling that you have to adhere to a schedule. The only schedule will be the one you set for yourself. Feel free to socialize and visit friends, enjoy some of the abundant amenities in the Williamsburg area, relax and take naps, eat drink and be merry, take hikes around the area, go shopping, play card games or put puzzles together, do whatever you like. Bottom line, have fun with your Heartland friends.

Last edited:

tracks

Brother, it sounds good!! Just have to do some checking before pulling the trigger.

Last edited:

camperjohn08

Oh Boy another Heartland Get together.. Nancy & I called today and made reservations... We will be on site 51.. arrive Wed. 6 Nov. and depart Monday 11 Nov. Just at the right time too.. having another dreaded birthday on the 9th.. what not a better place to both see our Heartland friends, but also celebrate another birthday too... See you all there.. If there is anything we can do to help, just ask..:cool:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gus, Debra, Romeo, and Juliet are confirmed for Site 50 (for now :rolleyes:), arriving Nov7, departing Nov 11. Woo-hoo, On the Road Again!

FiremanBill

Well I called and made reservations, the guy had no idea what I was talking about first when I tried to register then he finally figured it out. Said he was going to email me a confirmation and site# but I haven't received it yet so now I'm not sure if he ever did really figure it out now...

I'll call back in the am.

currituck0209

WELL JOHNNIE & MARSHA WILL BE ON SITE #53 ARRIVING ON THE 7th DEPARTING ON THE 11th. SURE HOPE ITS WARMER THIS YEAR. SEE YA THERE.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Well I called and made reservations, the guy had no idea what I was talking about first when I tried to register then he finally figured it out. Said he was going to email me a confirmation and site# but I haven't received it yet so now I'm not sure if he ever did really figure it out now...

I'll call back in the am.

The guys in the office don't have their act together. Be sure to circle back to confirm with someone who has their head screwed on straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Vtxkid

I had a guy take my reservation today and had no problems... don't remember his name though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Sure wish we could join you but as I told Eric, we will be in Chicago that weekend attending our 4th wedding of this summer.
You all enjoy and don't have too much fun without us.

Miller0758

Have a great time folks. We just left that campground yesterday and headed across state to the Luray area. The campground (and staff) were great as I'm sure you know. Hope you have a fun filled rally.

andy

Don and I will be there.. Our site is 47. Going in on thursday and leaving on sunday!! Hope the days are warn and nights are cool for a warm fire!!

Status
Not open for further replies.