PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: VA, Williamsburg - 11/8/2013 to 11/10/2013

Flying Dutchman
08-28-2013, 07:56 AM
146 Maxton Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23188

Venue:
------------------------------

American Heritage RV Park
146 Maxton Lane
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Toll Free: 1-888-530-2267 | Local: 757-566-2133
http://www.americanheritagervpark.com/
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:

Details:

Number of sites held: n/a
Site fee: $ per night.
Club Member Event fee:
Non-Club Member fee:
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 11/9/2013
Potluck time: 5:30pm

Event Leader: Flying Dutchman(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=4524)

Additional Info:
Join us for a fun and relaxing weekend. When making reservations, let the campground know you are with the Heartland group and they will attempt to site us in proximity. This is a Good Sam Park.

Attendees:

van Opstal #
Lathan #51
Funderburg #50
Bylinski #39
Sorrell #
Turner #53
Burnham #54
Tims #48
Massengill #47
Hicks #55
Gallimore #56
Martin #52
Pike #
Munro #46
Stanley #57
Hill #
Barnett (Live in Williamsburg, will stop by)
Hazel #27
Duval #
Pasch #

Agenda: NOT

Friday evening - We are going to Sal's by Victor restaurant for pizza All welcome to join. Very extensive Italian menu if you don't like pizza.

Saturday -
How about a group breakfast? All can contribute something. I will bring my Waffle Iron for waffles. I also plan to have a pot of coffee each morning. Post back if you have an item to contribute.
Late afternoon or early evening- Choice of eating dinner together. This can be "potluck", or just bring your own meal and sit together. Other choice is eat out. There are many good restaurants in the Williamsburg area.
Possibility of an evening campfire?? If you have some wood to spare, bring it with you. We have one of Heartland's finest "fire master" camping with us, so let us enjoy the fruit of his talent.

New: Pam and Jerry Tims will host a wine and cheese social at their campsite (#48) Saturday at 3:00pm. Bring your social drink and a light snack as well as your chair.

Sunday - Coffee and left-overs.

I have asked the campground manager for access to their meeting room. There are supposedly 2 other groups attending the same weekend, but I have been assured that we can use one of their 2 rooms. It may be the smaller room, but it will at least allow us to be indoors if the weather is cool or wet. Stay flexible.

I want all to enjoy this camp-out without feeling that you have to adhere to a schedule. The only schedule will be the one you set for yourself. Feel free to socialize and visit friends, enjoy some of the abundant amenities in the Williamsburg area, relax and take naps, eat drink and be merry, take hikes around the area, go shopping, play card games or put puzzles together, do whatever you like. Bottom line, have fun with your Heartland friends.

Nabo
08-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Wish we could :(

FiremanBill
08-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Count us in!

tracks
08-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Brother, it sounds good!! Just have to do some checking before pulling the trigger.

camperjohn08
08-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Oh Boy another Heartland Get together.. Nancy & I called today and made reservations... We will be on site 51.. arrive Wed. 6 Nov. and depart Monday 11 Nov. Just at the right time too.. having another dreaded birthday on the 9th.. what not a better place to both see our Heartland friends, but also celebrate another birthday too... See you all there.. If there is anything we can do to help, just ask..:cool:

Vtxkid
08-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Count us in!
Looking forward to seeing you there Bill!

FiremanBill
08-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Looking forward to seeing you there Bill!

Likewise!
:)

boatto5er
08-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Gus, Debra, Romeo, and Juliet are confirmed for Site 50 (for now :rolleyes:), arriving Nov7, departing Nov 11. Woo-hoo, On the Road Again!

f250dieseldad
08-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Okay, We are in. Site #39. We will be arriving Nov 5 and departing on the 10th.

FiremanBill
08-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Well I called and made reservations, the guy had no idea what I was talking about first when I tried to register then he finally figured it out. Said he was going to email me a confirmation and site# but I haven't received it yet so now I'm not sure if he ever did really figure it out now...

I'll call back in the am.

currituck0209
08-28-2013, 04:56 PM
WELL JOHNNIE & MARSHA WILL BE ON SITE #53 ARRIVING ON THE 7th DEPARTING ON THE 11th. SURE HOPE ITS WARMER THIS YEAR. SEE YA THERE.

BURNHAMROG
08-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Roger and Janet will be on site no 54 11/7 thru 11/11

boatto5er
08-28-2013, 05:56 PM
WELL JOHNNIE & MARSHA WILL BE ON SITE #53 ARRIVING ON THE 7th DEPARTING ON THE 11th. SURE HOPE ITS WARMER THIS YEAR. SEE YA THERE.

Guaranteed to be cold now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boatto5er
08-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Well I called and made reservations, the guy had no idea what I was talking about first when I tried to register then he finally figured it out. Said he was going to email me a confirmation and site# but I haven't received it yet so now I'm not sure if he ever did really figure it out now...

I'll call back in the am.

The guys in the office don't have their act together. Be sure to circle back to confirm with someone who has their head screwed on straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Vtxkid
08-28-2013, 07:22 PM
I had a guy take my reservation today and had no problems... don't remember his name though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

camperjohn08
08-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Guaranteed to be cold now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Hey Gus... That's what Heartland Camp Fires are for.. To keep warm around all our Friends..:cool:

klindgren
08-29-2013, 05:40 AM
Sure wish we could join you but as I told Eric, we will be in Chicago that weekend attending our 4th wedding of this summer.
You all enjoy and don't have too much fun without us.

Miller0758
08-29-2013, 06:26 AM
Have a great time folks. We just left that campground yesterday and headed across state to the Luray area. The campground (and staff) were great as I'm sure you know. Hope you have a fun filled rally.

andy
08-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Don and I will be there.. Our site is 47. Going in on thursday and leaving on sunday!! Hope the days are warn and nights are cool for a warm fire!!

boatto5er
08-30-2013, 07:00 AM
Don and I will be there.. Our site is 47. Going in on thursday and leaving on sunday!! Hope the days are warn and nights are cool for a warm fire!!

Woo-Hoo! So glad Don and Cindy are coming. :angel:

oldmannj
08-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Irene and I may or may not be registered, I guess it's in the hands of the camping gods ....and Joe. Arriving 11/8 depart 11/11. Site 57. Can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones. ED.

FiremanBill
08-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Irene and I may or may not be registered, I guess it's in the hands of the camping gods ....and Joe. Arriving 11/8 depart 11/11. Site 57. Can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones. ED.

You must have talked to the same guy I did!

oldmannj
08-31-2013, 05:08 PM
You must have talked to the same guy I did!

In the guys defense it was 6:00 on Labor Day Friday. They were a bit busy.

cjhicks
09-09-2013, 03:20 PM
We are in, arriving on the 6th departing on the 11th on Site 55

fordtech 2008
09-20-2013, 07:14 PM
going to call tomorrow and make reservation, we will be there on Friday and leave on monday

fordtech 2008
09-21-2013, 12:55 PM
just called and made reservation we are on site 56

GlenStMary
09-25-2013, 10:26 AM
We just made our arrangements and supposedly are confirmed and been assigned site # 52. We are looking forward to attending our first get together as new Heartland owners and meeting all of you. We are also looking forward to some cooler weather, but not too cold.

boatto5er
09-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Welcome! Always great to meet new Heartlanders. :)

Flying Dutchman
09-26-2013, 08:57 AM
And our "family" continues to grow:cool:. Welcome Glen and Ginger.

thanatos
09-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Just made the reservations for Nancy and me. See everyone soon, Jim

boatto5er
09-26-2013, 02:25 PM
It'll be great to see you. Haven't seen you since we ran into you at Walnut Hills CG 3 or 4 years ago!

Gus and Debra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

tracks
09-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Eric just called and made reservations on site 46, arriving the 8th. departing the 10th., but still considering returning the 11th.

boatto5er
09-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Glad y'all can make it. This is going to be a great party.

GlenStMary
09-27-2013, 04:42 PM
We are really looking forward to meeting everyone there, can't wait!

oldmannj
09-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately, due to conflicts in my wife's work schedule we have had to cancel our plans to join you all in Williamsburg. Yes that's right folks, I forgot about Christmas at Wal-Mart. Irene's work 'til you drop schedule begins November 1. Hope you guys have a great time. ED. :angel:

dbylinski
09-29-2013, 05:55 PM
So sorry you will not be joining us but more sorry for Irene having to do the longer than long hours! See you Friday!

TandC
10-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi Y'all,
We will be joining y'all for the campout! We've been assigned site 57 and will arrive on 5 Nov & leave 12 Nov.
Carol has relatives in the Richmond area and we have friends in the Williamsburg area. Looking forward to
meeting y'all! :)

boatto5er
10-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Our friends, Bob and Stephanie Hill will be joining us Friday thru Sunday.

Flying Dutchman
10-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Just a week and a few days away from our camp-out. I have posted the attendees list and some ideas for our time together on the first post. We are now off to Waxhaw for the NC rally, and will see you in Williamsburg right after.
All have safe travels.

boatto5er
10-31-2013, 07:09 AM
As a result of having to travel down to help out our son after his accident, we'll be leaving Fayetteville on this Saturday and plan on going straight to Williamsburg for the week. Just have to call today and see what we can work out with the campground. So for anyone arriving early, we should be there already.

Vtxkid
10-31-2013, 07:53 AM
Eric, I noticed my site number wasn't listed on the attendees list... We are at site 48, coming in Friday 11/08 at noon time and leaving Monday 11/11. Looking forward to seeing everybody!

boatto5er
10-31-2013, 09:33 AM
Eric, I noticed my site number wasn't listed on the attendees list... We are at site 48, coming in Friday 11/08 at noon time and leaving Monday 11/11. Looking forward to seeing everybody!

To quote Tom Burdette, "We'll leave the lights on for ya".

JJnVA
10-31-2013, 10:33 AM
We r in sunny Kissimmee Florida right now. Tentative plans to be home in Norge on Nov. 8 and to drive our car the long two miles over to spend some time with our Heartland friends on Sat. 8th. We can bring firewood for sure. Will confirm u need it before we come and also find out the dinner plans. Look forward to seeing old and new friends.

dick12444
10-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Dick and Debbie Hazel are arriving on Fri afternoon, unfortunately we need to depart on Sun morning. Tentatively on Site 27. See you in Williamsburg.

boatto5er
10-31-2013, 03:21 PM
We are now arriving on Nov 5. Still departing on Nov 11. Still on Site 50.

CampDuval
11-02-2013, 08:55 PM
We are arriving on Friday afternoon...This is our 2nd rally with VA Heartland folks...had a great time and plan to have fun with our 2 girls and all of you too

CampDuval
11-02-2013, 08:59 PM
We will be there at Friday about 3pm.....this is our second rally with VA Heartlanders. We will have fun with our two daughters and with all of you too...

jbeletti
11-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Nancy and I can't make this camp-out but we do plan to be in Williamsburg this week as follows:

Monday - travel day
Tuesday - day trip to Urbanna to meet with Bethpage to doing some advance work on the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally
Wednesday - Spend time downtown Williamsburg - maybe lunch or dinner at a Tavern

We're in site 49. We'll be pulling out Thursday morning. We hope to meet up with some early arriving attendees there!

Flying Dutchman
11-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Getting close to our camp-out with some arriving early so they can clean and sweep off the sites, and then grade our parking and set-up skills. :eek:

If you haven't checked this post lately, I have placed a proposed activities guide in Post #1. One new addition I have is that Pam and Jerry Tims are hosting a wine and cheese social at their campsite (#48) on Saturday at 3:00pm. Pam asks that you bring your social drink and a light snack (chairs may also add to your comfort), and Jerry will provide the music for your listening pleasure.

Plan on a breakfast Saturday morning. I will do waffles. What can you contribute? Also be thinking about plans for Saturday evening dinner, potluck, ... eat out ...just sit together ... ?? Then weather permitting (and a supply of wood) we will ask our "fire master" John to give us a nice campfire. Bring wood if you have any.

All travel safe and we will see you soon.:cool:

dalspot
11-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Wish we were joining you all, but we are heading to Williamsburg for Thanksgiving this year. It's a yearly holiday trip we haven't made in a while, really looking forward to it.

Karen

funlabs
11-06-2013, 11:46 AM
I'll bring a couple pounds of bacon and a griddle for breakfast as well as some maple syrup for the waffles. Yum! Waffles!!!!!!

boatto5er
11-06-2013, 02:11 PM
The campground has apparently let one camper that was already here stay an extra night on a site one of our folks was supposed to be on :mad:, and they are moving a few others around also :(. So, you may find yourself on a different site when you get here:confused:.

jmgratz
11-06-2013, 02:49 PM
The campground has apparently let one camper that was already here stay an extra night on a site one of our folks was supposed to be on :mad:, and they are moving a few others around also :(. So, you may find yourself on a different site when you get here:confused:.

Seems to me like the campground is doing you a disservice but it is their campground.

Flying Dutchman
11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
I had a long phone discussion with the campground manager yesterday. Seems all is not well, and she now claims that nobody should have been given a site number when making their reservation. She claims that they (campground staff) has authority/ability to place people as they need to. Perfect example as Gus mentioned above, an existing camper decides to extend their stay, even though a new camper is coming in. The new camper is given a different site. :confused:

I am not sure I agree with the campground's procedures. The manager said several times that she and her staff do not assign a site when making reservation. Yet she could not/would not answer my question as to how most of us were given a site number. To make things worse, I made the arrangements for the camp-out and my own reservations back in August, yet talking with the manager yesterday, I found out that I was not even included in the group!:rolleyes:

I know that we have had quite a few Heartland rallies and camp-outs at American Heritage, but I seriously question if I would make any more in the future. We have brought a lot of business to this campground, and their lack of willingness to satisfy, even the level of impatience displayed by the manager yesterday, needs a lot of improvement.

Enough ranting, let us just have fun together this weekend and enjoy each others company. We should be pulling in by lunchtime on Thursday.

Vtxkid
11-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Funny how most of us were able to get a site number during our reservations! I for one had no problem getting it! Thought that section was reserved for the Heartland folks which makes me wonder why they would let someone add to their reservation knowing we are coming in...

jmgratz
11-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Betcha if the Campground Owner knew what the Manager was pulling there would be a serious discussion as Rallies bring the campground and local area valuable dollars. There are too many Campgrounds that will bend over backwards to accommodate rallies. You might remind the Manager that they are not the only campground in Virginia. Good Luck and happy rally.

jbeletti
11-06-2013, 08:19 PM
We had a great "short stay" here in Williamsburg this week.

Yesterday (Tuesday), I ran up to Urbanna to meet with Bethpage to work on more detail for our 2014 rally there. Last night, Nancy and I, Gus/Deb and John/Deb went to Captain George's Seafood Restaurant. Wow! Later, I joined John and Deb over at Gus and Deb's and we chatted shop for a while. Fun time!

Today was our "final day" here :( Nancy and Deb went shopping this morning while Gus and I worked in our respective mobile offices :) Today for lunch, Nancy and I, Gus/Deb and Don/Cindy got together for an impromptu lunch at our place. The afternoon weather was great and we ate lunch at our picnic table.

Tonight, since Nancy and I must leave in the morning, we along with John/Deb went into Colonial Williamsburg. We had a nice time strolling around the shops and such. We ended the evening with dinner at Shield's Tavern. Great as always!

Sorry we can't stay for the camp-out but we have to get home in 2-days, rest up a day or two, then head out on another trip to scout a location for the 2016 rally.

Eric - for what it's worth, Sheri took our reservation. I asked for site 49 and was assigned it in advance. I agree that campgrounds need to always have the right to move people around as needed, but sounds like the front office is running a bit rogue. You may want to share these experiences with the owner and ask them to rationalize our business relationship. You and Gus have brought a lot of business to this place. It would be their loss to lose future revenue over bungled reservations.

Wishing all camp-out attendees the best this weekend. Have a great time!

dbylinski
11-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Jim and Nancy we had a great time walking through Colonial Williamsburg last night. Thanks for a good time and a great dinner at Shields Tavern! Thanks also for the meeting, compliments and for listening to our concerns and ideas related to the club. Travel safely home today and we'll see you down the road.

JJnVA
11-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Jim & Nancy,
so sorry that we were not home in Norge to visit with you. We can walk to American Heritage from our house as we are that close by in Norge! Glad to hear y'all had a good visit.

we r heading home today from a great campout at Huntington Beach State Park in SC with fellow HOC member friends, Chris & Dave. Plan to come hang out on Saturday with our Heartland friends at their campout at American Heritage.

CampDuval
11-07-2013, 11:37 AM
We'll bring a fruit bowl for breakfast on Saturday!

boatto5er
11-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Fruit = Good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

FiremanBill
11-07-2013, 07:46 PM
I am sorry to say that we are not going to be able to attend this weekend. Too many things happening on the homefront that has made it to difficult to attend.

Was really looking forward to it also. Ya'll have fun!

boatto5er
11-08-2013, 08:01 AM
I am sorry to say that we are not going to be able to attend this weekend. Too many things happening on the homefront that has made it to difficult to attend.

Was really looking forward to it also. Ya'll have fun!

Sorry you guys can't make it. We're having lots of fun here. Hope to see you soon (hint - Outer Banks next May :rolleyes:).

CampDuval
11-08-2013, 08:46 AM
8:30...we are up looking for the fun weekend...I do appreciate that we do live in ChesapeakeVA...We job to be out of the house by 12:00 this morning ....see ya in a few hours

boatto5er
11-08-2013, 08:53 AM
8:30...we are up looking for the fun weekend...I do appreciate that we do live in ChesapeakeVA...We job to be out of the house by 12:00 this morning ....see ya in a few hours

Looking forward to seeing you again. This is a real laid back weekend - very relaxing!

thanatos
11-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Glad to hear it's "laid back" Nancy needs a break. We probably won't get there until 6:30 or so:( (Nancy couldn't get off from work early). We're looking forward to seeing you again and meeting the others.

boatto5er
11-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Glad to hear it's "laid back" Nancy needs a break. We probably won't get there until 6:30 or so:( (Nancy couldn't get off from work early). We're looking forward to seeing you again and meeting the others.

We're having a breakfast get together at 9:00 Sat morning. No need to bring anything. We'll have plenty. Pot luck dinner Sat evening. Bring whatever you like. That's the only "organized" activities.

thanatos
11-08-2013, 08:36 PM
We're having a breakfast get together at 9:00 Sat morning. No need to bring anything. We'll have plenty. Pot luck dinner Sat evening. Bring whatever you like. That's the only "organized" activities.

Sounds good Gus. We are at site 35, where is the breakfast get together going to be?

boatto5er
11-08-2013, 08:53 PM
In the building across the road from the office. The smaller room in the building. Eric and I will be there early.

dbylinski
11-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Well we are heading North for the winter! Want to thank our Southern friends for two great weekends and a beautiful week in between. We had a great time and look forward to next year. To all those we woke us this morning when we were hooking up, we are sorry! Wish we could have said a personal good-bye to all of you but..... Everyone travel safely home and thanks again.

Vtxkid
11-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Well we are heading North for the winter! Want to thank our Southern friends for two great weekends and a beautiful week in between. We had a great time and look forward to next year. To all those we woke us this morning when we were hooking up, we are sorry! Wish we could have said a personal good-bye to all of you but..... Everyone travel safely home and thanks again.

Deb/ John, Be safe on your trip north.... it was great to see you two once again!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

boatto5er
11-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Sorry we missed you this morning. It's been a great week. Safe travels - see you next Spring!

dbylinski
11-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Home safe, sound and sad!

klindgren
11-11-2013, 06:31 PM
So sorry we miss this past weekends fun. 5th relative wedding of the year kept us away. Suppose to get down to 18 degrees here in Wisconsin Dells tonight. That after about 3/4 of an inch of snow this morning. Need to get back to Virginia where it is warm!!!! Glad everyone had a great time. Sure would have been nice to join everyone.

Keith

Vtxkid
11-11-2013, 08:41 PM
So sorry we miss this past weekends fun. 5th relative wedding of the year kept us away. Suppose to get down to 18 degrees here in Wisconsin Dells tonight. That after about 3/4 of an inch of snow this morning. Need to get back to Virginia where it is warm!!!! Glad everyone had a great time. Sure would have been nice to join everyone.

Keith

We missed you Keith!!! Hope to see you soon!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

GlenStMary
11-13-2013, 08:41 AM
To all that attended the Williamsburg camp out, a heartfelt "Thank You" from GlenStMary (Glenn & Ginger Martin). All of you made us feel so welcome and provided us a very friendly experience. As we told you all, this was the first Heartland get together we have ever attended and you all made us feel as if we had been part of your group for years. The trip up from Florida was made all the more worthwhile each and every day as we got a chance to meet and socialize with each of you. We will remember this trip for years to come. Again, Thank You All for your warm welcome, camaraderie, and fellowship. We will definitely meet again down the road.

Flying Dutchman
11-13-2013, 01:36 PM
It was nice to meet you Glenn and Ginger, and glad that you had a good time at our little camp-out. Looking forward to seeing you again, maybe at the Tampa RV show in January and also the March FL rally in Eustis? And don't forget your invitation to our Virginia rally in May on the NC Outer Banks.