How much weight can the happy jac bed support?

OtterMN

We have a collapsible plastic picnic table that we bring to the track with us every weekend. My best guess is that it weighs about 80lbs. Can I store this on the lower bunk while it is raised to keep it off the floor?

oscar

I suspect if you pin the engineers to the wall they will say that that is a static load, and that bumping down the road gives an increased dynamic load for whatever is on the bed. Still, seat of the pants I would think 80lbs should be fine.

TravisJen

I suspect if you pin the engineers to the wall they will say that that is a static load, and that bumping down the road gives an increased dynamic load for whatever is on the bed. Still, seat of the pants I would think 80lbs should be fine.

For sure. I don't think it would hold up very well to 300 lbs jumping on it.

whp4262

We have a collapsible plastic picnic table that we bring to the track with us every weekend. My best guess is that it weighs about 80lbs. Can I store this on the lower bunk while it is raised to keep it off the floor?

The dealer where we bought our Cyclone put the dinettte table on the top bunk thinking that would be a good place for it to ride. Well it didn't stay there and fell off the bunk damaging the table and ladder so if you carry the picnic table on the bunk you might want to secure it.

FiremanBill

The dealer where we bought our Cyclone put the dinettte table on the top bunk thinking that would be a good place for it to ride. Well it didn't stay there and fell off the bunk damaging the table and ladder so if you carry the picnic table on the bunk you might want to secure it.

We put ours up there, under the mattress. There is enough of a lip to keep it in place, especially with the mattress on top of it.

Def secure the picninc table though for sure!

oscar

Yes, bungees are good.

TXTiger

I store my dinette table between the two beds while traveling. Mine fell to the floor also. I now use 2 tie down straps around the lower bed to secure the table while traveling.

ILH

Anyone have suggestions on sheets to use for the beds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We gave up on finding sheets that would either fit, or stay on. We just use a couple of sleeping bags zippered together to make a double bed size. Not only is it comfortable, it is easy to roll up and store. If its hot, just use a top sheet.

jeffdee

We took the queen mattress that came with our Cyclone and put it on the lower bunk. I replaced it with a much better quality mattress for the bedroom.

BTW, I also strapped the table tops to the top bunk.