Swapping Touch Audio this weekend for Jensen AWM970

priorguy

I bought a Jenson AWM970 off ebay and plan to replace the Tough Audio this weekend. Finally be able to hear dvds on the tv speakers amoung other problems. Has anyone done this yet? Any hiccups I shiuld prepare for. I'm an electronics technician and have done plenty of large scale car audio systems so not to worried about that. Just wondering if I'll need any extra tools (jigsaw) or materials (filler plate). The trailer is 45 mins from home and 6o mins from my storage unit. Extra trips :confused:means time and fuel I don't want to waste.

Thanks for any available advice.

priorguy

I was able to download both manuals off the forum. Looks like the Jensen is 2" wider. Time for some cabinetry work. Might as well try to locate it to the left side so the remote works from behind the breakfast bar.

priorguy

DONE! Took about half an hour and a big hammer but it's done. Wiring was easy, label for label. Had to move the left side wall (stapled) and pillar (pocket screwed) about 2".

priorguy

IMAG0352.jpg

Finally figured out how to upload files to this site. Looks like it was put there by the factory, but I might be biased.:cool:

Attachments

• IMAG0351.jpg
    IMAG0351.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 84