First "Official" Camping Trip with 4012

racermom

We headed to Douthat State Park in Clifton Forge, VA just outside of Lexington, Friday after Thanksgiving for our first true camping trip since we received our Cyclone. We were 1 out of 12 campers there over the long weekend.

WOW! This state park definitely tested hubby's and my communications skills. Even though the park states that they have sites big enough for a 40' rig, doesn't mean that you can get a 40'ft+ rig into the area without a lot of maneuvering. Almost thought the trip was over before it started :(

Finally made it to our site and things started looking up. We had a great time. Enjoyed the beautiful mountains of VA, nice trails that take you along flowing streams. We normally see many wildlife, but this trip we saw only one. Other than the temps going from 60 degrees down to the 20's it turned out great. Even more so we got to enjoy our new toy outside of the racing scene.

Attached are a few photos. We are taking 1 last trip out this weekend for a ride with some friends, then it will be off to the garage to have some things worked on. Can't wait until Feb. then the fun begins all over again. We are looking forward to spending a lot more time in our Cyclone.

Attachments

• December 2006 edit3.jpg
    December 2006 edit3.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 56
  • December 2006 edit4.jpg
    December 2006 edit4.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 43
  • December 2006 edit5.jpg
    December 2006 edit5.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 92
  • December 2006 edit6.jpg
    December 2006 edit6.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 97
  • December 2006 edit1.jpg
    December 2006 edit1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 31
  • December 2006 edit2.jpg
    December 2006 edit2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 22

jbeletti

Hi Stacy,

Congrats on your first trip. The rig is a beauty in that setting. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Jim

Great pics and super cool Cyclone. Our 4012 is being built as we speak. Seeing yours makes the anticipation grow!!!None

Glad to hear you hard a fun time.:D

Rock On...

PS: Are those graphics brown and tan or is it just the reflection?

racermom

grandseahawk

The hardest part is the waiting. But once it arrives.... We love ours, and have had it a little over a month now. So far we have been very happy with our choices. That is all that really matters.

The graphics are burgandy and brown/gold color. From what we know there is only 2 choices. The color of ours (which is standard) or the Full Throttle and that is the Blue and Gold (crazybanshee has that graphic on his).

Good Luck - and welcome to the cyclone family. We need to boost the participation level in this area. :D

Thanks for the info racermom,

Not trying to hijack your thread, yes, I know... but I am...;)

We ordered our without graphics because it was the "Full Throttle" package. This would really clash with our Pueblo Gold Ford F350 tractor. However, seeing your colors, I think it would look great. I did not know there was another color option on the graphics. I will call our sales rep and see if it's no too late to change. Or, if the graphics you have on yours are available to those of us on the West Coast.

Thanks and Rock On...