Shout Out to Llippert and their Customer Service

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Last month while attending the NY Rally and prior to departure I was going through my pre-travel safety inspection (see Safety Inpection Importance thread) and low and behold I found where an ODS spring hanger shackel had pulled from the frame. Local welder called spoke with Lippert in ELkhart and was authorized to make emergency repairs. Once home Lippert reuested to see frame at one of there facilities so the closest was Denver PA. Schedule an almost immediate appoinment all at my convienence and upon inspection Lippert in PA contacted Lippert in Elkhart and advised them of there finds. 10 days later I have six new suspension hangers, 2 new leaf spring packs, 8 new shock mounts and all new Correct Track system. Jeff Egan of Lippert in Denver PA stated the camper needed basically to havve to old suspension removed and re-installed with all new hardware to certify it as safe. Shannon Hunter, the contact in Elkhart, authorized the repairs and within 10 days I had our Key Largo Landmark back on the road. I have to compliment Lippert in Denver PA, Jeff Egan and Elkhart Shannon Hunter for their attention to my needs. Great work done and I feel confident all is safe. The problem originated when the original frame build was done and the welding was far from upto industry standards and was passed onto Heartland for a coach build. Thank you Lippert, Jeff Egan and Shannon Hunter. :)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Re: Sout Out to Llippert and their Customer Service

I am SOOO glad I had my new Key Largo shipped directly to Mor Ryde and had IS installed....well worth every penny it costs us...no suspension issues for us!

Glad Lippert stepped up, but they need to do something about their QC...did they add the tubular steel between the spring hangers as the LIP sheet they have on file suggests?? That's what they did on our Bighorn when our spring hanger sheared off...

porthole

Retired

Hey Jim
what was done for all the steel that was either damaged or fatigued from the multiple welds?

murry135

Duane, not sure what you mean by the damaged steel as a result of all the welds but they reinforced the area where the hanger broke that you saw in Verona with two plates on the inside of the beam, bottom side and upright middle forming a "L" bracket welded to the I-beam. They cut off the remaining hangers and ground the I beam clean and welded new hangers on. I was given a written report guarantying the work and frame. So I am satisfied at this point and happy with the nice smooth flowing welds. The shocks were not too short but over tightened resulting in the crushing effect to the rubber mount bushings. Since they were removed and remounted they look much better with no crushed rubber mounts. Also they replace the twisted spring packs there were two of them.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
So glad you guys have been taken care of! We also had a good service experience at the Lippert Denver plant. Ours was a hitch pin install but the experience was still good.

I do wonder what happened to getting it right the first time but if the second time is a charm yahoo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

murry135

Deb, I am looking into upgrading to the Lippert Airbag suspension and Jeff at the Denver plant said he would install it for me. So I plan on using them again good people there.