Looking for Southern CA state beach parks with hookups

BandK

I have a few hours before the reservations start for March. I am looking at either San Clemente or San Elijo for lack of knowledge of any other places. Since we are new to this, I want to make sure I get a long enough space for our 34' Elkridge and tow vehicle. Is there anyone with any experience at the beach parks that knows which parks (not necessarily these two) that I will be able to fit into if I can get a reservation? Thanks

wdk450

In my looking around only Bolsa Chica State Beach in Orange County is right on the sand with water and electric hookups (no sewer). Unfortunately, this beach (and similar Seacliff State beach near Santa Cruz) are so popular that you MUST be flexible in your dates, and get on the Reserve America Reservation phone line when it opens for the day on the first day of the month, 5 months (or is it 3 months) before the month of your desired reservation. Be prepared to pay a premium state park price for these sites: " Hook-up site: (RV sites are 20 ft wide and 30-40 feet long.)
circle.gif
$65.00 (front row, beach front) - $50.00 (back row) per night, year round.
circle.gif
$2.00 off per night for Seniors ( 62+ )"

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
San Clemente Campground is nice, but it's right next to I-5 and the railroad tracks. A lot of noise.

Try San Onofre-SAN MATEO campground.

It's inland one mile and a lot quieter with better surroundings than the noisy beach parking lot campgrounds (Bolsa Chica, San Onofre Bluffs) along I-5 or PCH. Nice view of the ocean.

Easy walk, or bike ride to the beach. Trace

Last edited: