Improvements (in my eyes) on 33TBUD

Just some small changes that we have noticed in our short time with our trailer.

Exterior lighting

1. Put the exterior light by the door closer to the nose of the trailer. Where it currently is, when the door is open, the light is covered by the door, making the stairs VERY dark to see to climb down. This leads to point #2.

2. Put another clearance light in the stair well that is also activated by the switch inside. That way, there is also light on the stairs. (Might try and wire this one up myself)

3. If not going to move the exterior light, put on a longer door hold back so that the door doesn't touch the light when proped open, or have the door with a gas shock on it that doesn't open all the way. (31BHDD style) Not sure if that will fix the shadow problems though.

4. Put a "hook up light" at the back of the trailer where the pull-out bumper is. It's really dark back there!

Interior lighting

1. Put lights in the closets. With alll the lights behind or above you, when you're trying to find something IN the closet you are constantly working in your shadow.

2. In the bedroom, put some strip LED lights tucked up under the closets along the frames closest to the bed. This will also provide light for the "night stands" and not take away any of their valuable space. Also, if you need to turn on a light in the middle of the night, you don't burn your eyeballs out with the really bright reading lights.

Over all changes

1. See if there are more places to put storage on the outside of the unit. There is really only the big one at the front of the unit. Maybe some can go in under the drivers side bed in the bunkhouse on the slide outs? Not sure if the slide out mechanism is taking up that space.

2. For the under bed and under seat in dining area storage, add small gas shocks to keep the lid lifted while adding or removing stuff from there.

3. In the island in the kitchen, add a shelf for storing stuff in there also. Right now, 3 big doors with only floor space to put items, but adding a shelf would increase the storage space considerably.

Even with these that we've noticed, we still enjoy our trailer. Would we purchase another from Heartland? That is yet to be determined though. Not sure if other manufacturers have this level of "quality" (decorative trims fallling off, slide out trim hits bathroom door when pushed in, trim becoming unsecured and flapping, just touch the paint on the outside and it scratches off). Will definately have a better indepth look if and when we decide to upgrade or downsize this unit.

Kevin.

Sumo

2. Put another clearance light in the stair well that is also activated by the switch inside. That way, there is also light on the stairs.

This is a fabulous idea. Looks like I have found my next little project. Thanks.