Quick Connect with a Camp Chef ?

lucey

I've been reading through a lot of the quick connect threads. I have a Camp Chef 3 burner 90,000 btu max stove. I usually use it with a 20lb bottle. I want to know if I use the quick connect with the Camp Chef quick connect hose (hose has no regulator what so ever) will the low pressure side (quick connector on RV) have enough to supply the Camp Chef ? Or do I need to plumb it in before the RV regulator and ensure the Camp Chef has its own regulator. Ideas ?

whp4262

I have the same stove with the grill and BBQ box accessories but I always run it off a bottle however, I think the low pressure quick connect on your rv should run it fine.

pegmikef

I ran an Olympian 5500 with the quick connect just fine, but now my BH doesn't have the low pressure outlet so I had to buy a quick connect hose with a regulator so I can run it from an lp bottle. If there is no regulator on your stove, then I would bet it will work fine. Since it is a low pressure outlet, it won't hurt anything to try it out. Worst thing you might find that it isn't getting enough gas.

One other thought, is there a requlator built into the stove rather than part of the hose? The reason I ask is because whp4252 runs his off a bottle.

whp4262

I ran an Olympian 5500 with the quick connect just fine, but now my BH doesn't have the low pressure outlet so I had to buy a quick connect hose with a regulator so I can run it from an lp bottle. If there is no regulator on your stove, then I would bet it will work fine. Since it is a low pressure outlet, it won't hurt anything to try it out. Worst thing you might find that it isn't getting enough gas.

One other thought, is there a requlator built into the stove rather than part of the hose? The reason I ask is because whp4252 runs his off a bottle.

The Camp Chef 3 burner stove does not have a built in regulator. The regulator attaches on the tank and a hose runs to the stove. I use the bottle because I don't always set the stove up close enough to the camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

pegmikef

The Camp Chef 3 burner stove does not have a built in regulator. The regulator attaches on the tank and a hose runs to the stove. I use the bottle because I don't always set the stove up close enough to the camper.

In that case it should work fine then since his hose has no regulator.