2014 Cyclone 4000 - cable doesn't work

remoandiris

Didn't have cable at the dealer's campground or the first 4 campgrounds we stayed at. Have cable now, but when connected to the coach we get nothing on the livingroom or bedroom tvs. They are the only tvs we have.

After finding no signal when the coax is connected to the coach at the basement access point, I routed the coax thru a window to the livingroom tv. The tv, coax, connectors and campground system are good.

Somewhere between the end of the coax and the tv, there is an issue. Any suggestions or is this a dealer fix?

Bill

danemayer

Hi Bill,

First thing to check is that the signal booster has to be OFF for cable and ON for antenna. Then the TV menu on each TV has to be set to CABLE and you may have to do a channel scan on each TV.

If that's not the problem, you may have a coax connector that's loose or poorly crimped. As the coax for cable goes through the coach, the first stop is the signal booster. If you don't have a signal there, you could check the connector on the exterior, and if that looks ok, check the connectors on the back of the signal booster. Take care with the signal booster not to short the power connections - you'll blow a fuse in the fuse panel if you do.

remoandiris

Went out today, doublechecked all the connections and such, then ran the cable channel search. It works, but non-HD channels are fuzzy. May be the cable supplier, may be something else. I'll live with it.

Subdrv

Went out today, doublechecked all the connections and such, then ran the cable channel search. It works, but non-HD channels are fuzzy. May be the cable supplier, may be something else. I'll live with it.
Sounds like a bad connection are cable. I have had the same problem. Have someone watch the tv and wiggle the connections if the picture changes that would be the one with the problem.

Robbie