Closet Hanging Bars

Greengas

I guess here is another example of incorrect assembly. When I try to hang items on the two upper closet bars I can't close the doors without hitting the hangers. It seems that the hanging bars are about 2 inches too far foward. I checked for clearance in the back of the closet and there is plenty of room to move the bars back and not have hangers hitting the back wall. If this is the way they are installed in other coaches, please let me know. Here are a couple of photos.

Closet 1.jpg

Closet 2.jpeg

jbeletti

I guess here is another example of incorrect assembly. When I try to hang items on the two upper closet bars I can't close the doors without hitting the hangers. It seems that the hanging bars are about 2 inches too far foward. I checked for clearance in the back of the closet and there is plenty of room to move the bars back and not have hangers hitting the back wall. If this is the way they are installed in other coaches, please let me know. Here are a couple of photos.

Mine are tight but do fit. Wondering of your hangers are standard (if there is any standard). Sure they are so you're likely right - pole mounted too far forward.

happykraut

I just moved my bar back yesterday. I found that I could use the back mounting hole and use it for the new location. That way only one hole needs to be drilled. Worked pretty good for me.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Ours were to close also, one rod we could hardly fit a hanger on.. Changed the rods, and added some shelves..

Theresau

Ours are ok...and I use all different sizes/types of hangars.

Theresa

View attachment 26259

View attachment 26260

4ever

Mine were to close as well. We could close the doors however they would hit. Had plenty of room in the back so we moved them back about 2 incehs.

dbbls59

I had to relocate the rod in my Big Country. This seems like such a simple thing to get right. Don't Heartland designers use hangers?

JHodgin

Just Got our 2014 Landmark San Antonio last week. Moving the hanger bars back is the first thing we did. Work great now.

jimtoo

Hi JHodgin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and your new Landmark.

Jim M