17.5 Wheels and Tires

Westwind

I have a 2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070RL and I'm going to switch from my Towmax Tires to Goodyear G614s or go over to 17.5 wheels and the GY116 tires. My concern besides the $$$ is if the 17.5 wheels/tires will fit the trailer without causing problems. Has anyone with this model or one similar in size converted to 17.5?
Are you happy with the result so far? Westwind

Grey Ghost

Re: !7.5 Wheels and Tires

I have a 2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070RL and I'm going to switch from my Towmax Tires to Goodyear G614s or go over to 17.5 wheels and the GY116 tires. My concern besides the $$$ is if the 17.5 wheels/tires will fit the trailer without causing problems. Has anyone with this model or one similar in size converted to 17.5?
Are you happy with the result so far? Westwind

Hey Westwind, I really cannot help you with your Bighorn, but I do know about Towmax Tires! Get those things off before you go any distance. I'm in discussion with Dynamic Tire in Canada right now regarding four of the Power King Towmax tires. Blew one which caused damage to my 5ver, Heartland Greystone 29mk. After Discount Tire reviewed the other three tires were separating also, so all four were returned. So far they (Dynamic) has been pretty good about everything. They paid to have the tires returned and asked if there was any damage to my unit, if so get an estimate and send to them also. They got the tires late last week and I was informed it would take about two or three weeks before I would hear anything. We will see! It did about $1600.00 worth of damage to my 5ver. I now have four new Michelin 235/85/R16 M/S 2 LT tires on my Greystone and feel pretty safe.

Westwind

Thanks for responding - I've made two trips to Florida from Rhode Island with them about 6 thousand miles, but I feel my luck has run out so they are coming off. I have those Michelin's on my truck and so far so good.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

The 17.5 has just about the same profile as the G614...should fit just fine....we put them on on 3600RL.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

When I changed to 17.5 wheels and G114 tires I set one side by side with a 16" G614. They were the same height. I really dont think it will be a problem by changing. BTW I use a 16" G614 for a spare.

dougw

You can't put a price on piece of mind!

I did 17.5 and Coopers and haven't given it another thought. Just one less thing to worry about.

jasons09cyclone

I think as long as your axles are more than 33 in apart they should fit. . Tried them on my Tri axle and they touched together. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4