Help! Bedroom door locked from inside! Any ideas how to open them?

GregBassine

Hello all, It's Labor Day, so to be frank, I hope you all are out there having fun. For those who might be having fun but checking in, I have a problem which baffles me why it was allowed to happen in the first place. Here's my problem. We went out on our inaugural first time shake down camping trip with our 2014 Bighorn 3260 Elite. Had a couple of problems like the front burner worked the first night we used it, but quit working after that first night. We hear what sounds like gas coming through, but when we put a flame to it, it won't ignite. I digress. We just got home and put the slideouts out to start unpacking, and found the bedroom door is locked from the inside. The same kind of door is in our bathroom, so I noticed there are two screws which hold the handle together, both are inside the bedroom. Same with the hinges. We can't even go through our emergency hatch as it's locked. Any ideas? I know it will cost a mint to try to get a locksmith today, and they might not be able to help other then kick in the door. Your thoughts? Please reply to me at mgd@teleport.com as I'll be in and out of the RV trying to figure out how to get in. Thank you in advance to you all. This forum is a literal lifesaver. Greg PS: The bathroom door had a little pin hole which when you shove something like a paper clip, it unlocked the door. Nothing like that on the bedroom door. Just a solid lock.

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If I make one complete turn counterclockwise to the slotted screw on the outside of the handle, it unlocks.
I get an error message trying to send to your e-mail.

Trace

GregBassine

OK, problem fixed. Thanks to all the people who responded. I appreciate it. Ready? Drum Roll...... There is no lock on the door. It must have gotten jammed when we went over some rough terrain. We tried the handle many times, and it wouldn't budge. Tail between my legs. Newbie and all. I do have the issue of the stove top burner problem though. Any ideas? Thanks as always, Greg

danemayer

I do have the issue of the stove top burner problem though. Any ideas?
Does the burner light from a match or butane lighter? If you're turning the igniter knob but not getting a spark, lift the range top and check that the wires are all attached.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Does the burner light from a match or butane lighter? If you're turning the igniter knob but not getting a spark, lift the range top and check that the wires are all attached.

Weird. Our rig sits in one spot all summer and the silly igniter wire still comes loose. And when you push it back it, it feels tight. But, for the OP, do the other burners light OK? Sometime, if the gas has been off, there is a delay until the air clears the lines and the gas makes it to the burners. You may hear "gas" moving, but it's not enough of a composition to ignite. If you turn it on, and smell the gas, turn it off and wait a few seconds. Then try it. Should light.

jimtoo

Raise the cooktop, check the little pipe that goes from burner to the igniter, it may have bounced off from the burner or the igniter. This has happen to us several times.

Jim M

Theresau

Is your range an Atwood? If so, this is a common problem per the Goshen rally. Atwood gave us a new one and it's worked well since.

Hello all, It's Labor Day, so to be frank, I hope you all are out there having fun. For those who might be having fun but checking in, I have a problem which baffles me why it was allowed to happen in the first place. Here's my problem. We went out on our inaugural first time shake down camping trip with our 2014 Bighorn 3260 Elite. Had a couple of problems like the front burner worked the first night we used it, but quit working after that first night. We hear what sounds like gas coming through, but when we put a flame to it, it won't ignite. I digress. We just got home and put the slideouts out to start unpacking, and found the bedroom door is locked from the inside. The same kind of door is in our bathroom, so I noticed there are two screws which hold the handle together, both are inside the bedroom. Same with the hinges. We can't even go through our emergency hatch as it's locked. Any ideas? I know it will cost a mint to try to get a locksmith today, and they might not be able to help other then kick in the door. Your thoughts? Please reply to me at mgd@teleport.com as I'll be in and out of the RV trying to figure out how to get in. Thank you in advance to you all. This forum is a literal lifesaver. Greg PS: The bathroom door had a little pin hole which when you shove something like a paper clip, it unlocked the door. Nothing like that on the bedroom door. Just a solid lock.

wdk450

I have been using my portable electric induction cooktop more and more; and when I DO try to use the propane burners I usually have to run propane about 30 seconds in the burner to get all the air out, and get a good light. Most times now, I just don't bother with the noisy and works sometimes sparker, and use a propane lighter "match" instead. You have to have one on hand anyways if you ever use the oven.

Theresau

The Atwood lights immediately but the 2010 BH's Magic Chef did not....

I have been using my portable electric induction cooktop more and more; and when I DO try to use the propane burners I usually have to run propane about 30 seconds in the burner to get all the air out, and get a good light. Most times now, I just don't bother with the noisy and works sometimes sparker, and use a propane lighter "match" instead. You have to have one on hand anyways if you ever use the oven.