Water Pump

djkelsoe

I turned on the faucet today and the pump started running but little water came out. I checked the water level and it was full. It sounded like the pump had air in it. The kitchen faucet spit out a lot of air and very little water. Has anyone had this happen to them?

bowtorc

Check the filter ahead of the pump. It is a small clear bulb located at the intake side of the pump

Roger

Forrest Fetherolf

djkelsoe said:
I turned on the faucet today and the pump started running but little water came out. I checked the water level and it was full. It sounded like the pump had air in it. The kitchen faucet spit out a lot of air and very little water. Has anyone had this happen to them?

More than likely air in the lines, continue running water through kitchen faucet, should clear up after 10 to 15 seconds. Air in lines is common when reconnecting to city water or starting pump under certain circumstances. Clear air in both hot and cold water lines through all faucets each time RV is placed in service, this will insure the water heater is full of water and will not burn out the heating element.

Forrest

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If there is air in the lines as Forrest said, it should clear out in a few seconds. How often do you use the pump? You may have to access the pump area and try to determine the problem. Blocked inlet screen? Blocked inlet hose? Try switching from the tank hose to the winterizing hose and see if it will suck water out of a bucket. Does it act the same way with other fixtures in the trailer? Could be a blockage in the faucet? Good luck and happy hunting.

jpmorgan37

I don't know if yours is like mine, but if I have my valves set for city water, the pump won't pump anything. My valves have to be set for the water tank.

djkelsoe

Thanks everyone for their help! I will check all of the items listed above and get back to you on the problem.

DennisZ

I just did some re-plumbing on my unit to change the heather bypass and winterizing valves. During the checkout, the water pump wouldn't work without lots of air in the lines, the problem was traced to a loose clamp on the inlet to the water pump, it was trying to suck air along with the water. You might look for a loose clamp or fitting on the inlet to the pump, it didn't take much tightening of the clamp to fix the problem.

Dennis

snuffy

Sounds to me like the water heater is filling and purging the air through the lines.

djkelsoe

After looking over and checking everything, the pump still does not pump from the tank. I cleaned the screen bowl (nothing was in it) let it run for several minutes and still did not pump. I hooked up the city water and it worked fine. With the water still in the lines I unhooked city water and tried again the get it to pump from the tank, did not work. I looked for any valves in case I needed to switch them but had none. The hot water heater was full, but the lines just kept pumping air. The clear bowl had no water in it when I was trying to pump from the tank. I suspect the problem is in between the pump and tank. I guess I will have to put it back into the shop. Thanks everyne for the help!

snuffy

djkelsoe said:
After looking over and checking everything, the pump still does not pump from the tank. I cleaned the screen bowl (nothing was in it) let it run for several minutes and still did not pump. I hooked up the city water and it worked fine. With the water still in the lines I unhooked city water and tried again the get it to pump from the tank, did not work. I looked for any valves in case I needed to switch them but had none. The hot water heater was full, but the lines just kept pumping air. The clear bowl had no water in it when I was trying to pump from the tank. I suspect the problem is in between the pump and tank. I guess I will have to put it back into the shop. Thanks everyne for the help!

You probably have a split in the line from the tank to the pump.

djkelsoe

I finally took it in for them to fix all of my warranty items and they fixed it. They said it was a bad water pump. All is fixed.