New Landmark owner...Golden Gate

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Hi,
We just purchased our Landmark two weeks ago. Went on our maiden voyage last weekend. Everything went well, we had a great trip and can't wait to go again. The only problem we had was getting a DVD to play on the TV. The DVD loaded and played but no picture. Not sure what I was not doing correctly. We were in a camp with about forty other RV's. On the morning we were leaving we noticed another landmark from Fresno was parked in the camp. We didn't have a chance to meet the new owners. But, it was good to see another Landmark in Northern Ca.None
Seamo
2005 Landmark GG,
2005 Chevy Duramax Diesel/Allsion, SRW

jbeletti

Hi Seamo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and congrats on your Heartland purchase.

Try pressing the TV/Video button on the TV remote. On my Landmark, the A/V output from the DVD/Receiver connects to the A/V (not RF/Antenna) input on my Toshiba (I think) TV.

Best of luck,

Jim

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
New Landmark/DVD Player

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply. I'll give your suggestion on the DVD a try.
Thanks again,
Seamo

co4me

Hi Seamo,

If the Audio/TV button idea didn't work you might try this. Had the same problem with my Golden Gate. I have a RCA Receiver/DVD which has "Progressive Scan". I finally found an addendum in the instruction manual that says if Progressive Scan is activated and you don't have a TV with the same capability there will be a blank screen.

To de-activate Progressive Scan you have to have the RCA Receiver/DVD in the DVD mode with no DVD inserted and then hold down the "Subwoofer" button on top of the DVD player for 5 seconds.

Regards,

Bill

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the help. I asked my neighbor to take a look at my problem. He showed me a button on the tv remote to change the source. There is about four positions (sources) and one allows the dvd to be shown on the screen.
Thanks for your help and happy camping.
Regards,
Seamo

Where did you buy you unit? Was it in Fresno? Good Experience?

Where did you buy your unit. Was it in Fresno, and how was your exprience? Thanks. Looking to buy a new unit.

Hi,
We just purchased our Landmark two weeks ago. Went on our maiden voyage last weekend. Everything went well, we had a great trip and can't wait to go again. The only problem we had was getting a DVD to play on the TV. The DVD loaded and played but no picture. Not sure what I was not doing correctly. We were in a camp with about forty other RV's. On the morning we were leaving we noticed another landmark from Fresno was parked in the camp. We didn't have a chance to meet the new owners. But, it was good to see another Landmark in Northern Ca.None
Seamo
2005 Landmark GG,

I live in Central California. We are looking for a Heartland dealer that is ethical and provides good service. We live close to Fresno, but are looking to find good dealers within driving distance (CA, NV, or Arizona). I received an email from Arizona, they said they were the Number 1 internet seller. We want to purchase a Big Horn or Landmark. Any ideas. Thanks for any help.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I don't know how close you are to Sacramento, but Ray's RV has treated us very well both with service and sales. For sales I would contact John Thompson at the Cordelia store. (don't bother with the others) He's pretty straight-forward with no BS and he's also the head finance guy I think. We told him how long we wanted to finance and the payment amount we wanted and he made it fit, peddled the loan and got us a great interest rate. Totally painless from start to finish and we even had a trade. The service center is in West Sacramento, a couple blocks off of 80. Good guys there too.

driver311

u might try rvs for less . they aren't close but they do a lot of internet business. they have a new Oakmont u might be interested in looking in to.

driver311NoneNone

Landmark

Hi,
Seamo
2005 Landmark GG,

We live in Visalia. Where did you purchase your Landmark. We are going to buy a 5th Wheel and wanted to know about dealers and also their ability to stand behind a product.

Thanks for any help.

davebennington

Searno,

I did not know there were any GG still around, That is what we have also, GREAT coach. I think you have to turn your TV to video 1 or 2 to view dvd on the screen. The only real problem we have had with ours was the fresh water tank sagging when full. Heartland took care of it under warranty. Good luck camping and enjoy your GG.

Dave

Tom of Ypsi

This thread was started in 2005. Seamo (Bob & Christina Seaman) now have a 2007 Grand Canyon being towed by Big Mama (Volvo 770) with Little Mama (Smart) as the ride around town and they are fulltimers. Bob & Christina are on the east coast (?????) seeing the sites working their way to the Fl Keys in Feb. This may be why they do not answer. I will contact them to see if they can check out the web site and answer your questions.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Hi Ireland--We are full timers now and haven't taken our Landmark back to Fresno for repairs. Now we have a Classic Grand Canyon 07, our 2nd Heartland product and we love it. Go see Black-we can't remember his first name--Now a days, I think you can get pretty good deals. Good luck