Rv New Wall scratch or stress crack

orlstgo

Hello Heartland Forum:

Recently I came back from camping last weekend. While I was cleaning and waxing the camper, I noticed a line that looks like a scracth, but I am not sure if that what it is, or if it is a stress crack.

I attached some pictures to see if anyone had something similar in the past or if this is something I need to worry about.

Heartland took my unit to Indiana for repairs and they replaced all the walls outside the unit. The wall in the back is new but it has a new design called "Loose Hung Wall" which they swith to all new production units.

I just hope that this is something cosmetic that can happen to any unit and not a stress cracks because I just got this unit back in February after 3 months of repairs.

Thank you

Orlando

Back 1.jpgBack 2.jpg

danemayer

H Orlando,

With the prior work on your rig, I think anyone would share your concerns. I don't know whether it's deeper than a surface problem or not.

On the first picture, I notice on the right that the mark doesn't look like a straight line and isn't quite aligned with the mark on the left. If it were a structural issue related to the repair, I might guess it would be straighter - but that's just an uninformed guess.

Is it possible you scraped the branch of a bush or small tree?

I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them to take a look at the pics (you might need a better 2nd pic - I can't see what you've marked).