Have you seen what the Australians camp with?!

babycampers

Recently I was looking around the web at RV supplies and came across an Australian company called Camec (Camec.com). It's interesting to see the innovations being used in other countries in the RV world. I got to wondering how their RV's (called caravans) might be similar or different than ours here in North America. One company called Lotus Caravan has a link on Camec's site that I encourage everyone to check out. It is AMAZING the level of residential style interior components they install in their campers!!!! The exteriors are quite attractive and appear quite sturdy. I would love to see our manufacturers utilize many of the Aussie's styling.

happyappy

Pretty cool looking rigs! The interiors are New York Contemporary vs. our Kansas Country. Interesting that they have chosen that design theme.

pegmikef

I couldn't find the link. What did I do wrong. BTW, in Europe RV's are also called caravans. When I was stationed in Germany, I had a small one that I pulled all over Germany, Austria and Italy.

Mizmary

Did you look at the tires on those? Ha. I guess you don't risk getting stranded in the outback!

It also looks like the ranges are conventional household style. I would love to have a larger or - more conventional oven/range in this thing! The grate on our oven stinks. Id rather have te individual pan holders like on a gas range so my pans wouldn't threaten to tip at any moment.

But they are a lot smaller than our 4100- and I don't know if I could go back. 😜

babycampers

Camec.com is the RV parts supplier; Lotus Caravan is the travel trailer. You should be able to Google "Lotus Caravans" and find the site.
I couldn't find the link. What did I do wrong. BTW, in Europe RV's are also called caravans. When I was stationed in Germany, I had a small one that I pulled all over Germany, Austria and Italy.

babycampers

I agree on the size issue. I wouldn't be able to turn around in most of their sizes. Re: the range, they are made by SMEV which was recently purchased by Dometic. I am in the process of getting one of those ranges for my TT. Somewhere I picked up a link to an RV cooking show/blog a lady on the West Coast operates. She does in-person cooking classes at big RV shows around the country and she has one of those SMEV "cookers" (as they call them in Australia and Europe), which spurred me to contact SMEV about getting my own.

Mizmary

I agree on the size issue. I wouldn't be able to turn around in most of their sizes. Re: the range, they are made by SMEV which was recently purchased by Dometic. I am in the process of getting one of those ranges for my TT. Somewhere I picked up a link to an RV cooking show/blog a lady on the West Coast operates. She does in-person cooking classes at big RV shows around the country and she has one of those SMEV "cookers" (as they call them in Australia and Europe), which spurred me to contact SMEV about getting my own.

Thanks for the info. That might be worth a look-see!!

What is the blog address? I'd like to check it out!

babycampers

RVcookingshow.com is the main site. There are plenty of videos. Wonder if this is where "TrailerChix" from "Trailer Life" got started!

miboje

Yes I have! They are very innovative! My favorite is the Kimberley Kruiser. This thing comes ready to go off the main road and stay there a while. It comes with several solar panels on the roof, gray water from the shower is filtered and reused by the washing machine, and everything is low energy. The styling is simple, yet gorgeous - a real eye catcher. And there's an outdoor kitchen to boot. If it was just going to be my fiance and I and we could find a used one and import it, this would be my pick.

And if we were in the market for a pop-up camper, their off-road pop-up is great too! I just LOVE the outdoor kitchen in that one. It's here: Kimberley Classic