Washer

would like info and comments on combo washer dryer or would a stackable washer and dryer be better for my 2013 Landmark Key Largo I know it is a preference but would still like a few pro and cons thank you Karen M

Garypowell

We like the combo unit but probably only because of its size. We are in a 3010RE so storage and room is at a premium. We had a stackable in 1996 in our first rig but frankly don't remember the brand. It was OK too but that rig was 3 foot longer and had more room.

Vtxkid

We have the combo in our Cyclone and also like it due to the limited space. Works great and is super quite!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Your right on regarding preference!! We LOVE our stackable's......wash and dry at same time! They do take up space that we were willing to sacrifice.

danemayer

Gary, we have the stackable and find it does a good job.

From prior threads, I think the combo unit also works well, but one shortcoming people have noticed is that clothes often come out wrinkled.

jjriker

Gary, we have the stackable and find it does a good job.

From prior threads, I think the combo unit also works well, but one shortcoming people have noticed is that clothes often come out wrinkled.

Yes I would agree with this comment on the combo. It's really quiet and works very well. I'm glad we went with the combo. But you really have to pay attention to the time and take the clothes out right away or they do get pretty wrinkled.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

4ever

We went with the stack and DW loves it. Takes up a little more room however, can wash and dry at the same time. Like I said most important is that DW loves it.

guyc66

We have been using the Splendide Ariston stackables for about 2 years now and can't imagine living without them. I'm sure combo units have come along way since the previous one that we had, but from our personal experiences we were not willing to give another combo unit a try. If you can give up the extra space for stackables you will be happy in the long run.

twohappycampers

We full-time on a permanent site, always have lots of laundry, and really like that we can wash & dry at the same time with our stackables. Ours has a handwash cycle which I absolutely love. I would carefully compare the features before deciding, you know your laundry needs. Some people like that their combo doesn't require you to transfer the clothes from the washer to dryer, just put it in and forget it. I'm home all day and like to babysit my laundry, tending to its every need :) If I was working or away from home a lot it might be a different story. Just wanted to mention that I went a year without the washer & dryer because of cost, but hoped eventually I'd get them, so I made sure I didn't use the washer/dryer space for anything else in the meantime (well, maybe a couple of plastic bins) like hanging clothes etc. because I didn't want there to be a problem when I did get that washer/dryer with: "but where now do we find room for all this stuff we've been keeping in that space?" Talk about discipline, hey? Also if the combo is out of action for repair, you're hooped. But if one or the other of the stackable goes, you at least still have the washer OR the dryer.

kowAlski631

We're full time & looked at pros & cons of stackable vs combo. We chose stackable & have not had any second thoughts.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
my stackable's came with my Key Largo at first I thought about taking them out for more closet space but now I am so glad I didn't. A big benefit I see is being able to do more than one load the combo u have to wait 4 them to finish to do u're next load. Also my clothes really don't get wrinkled if I don't immediately remove them. As for the space it keeps me from storing a lot of junk I probably wouldn't use. All good comments here good luck on u're decision

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With our floorplan, the only option was the combo in the front closet. It is convenient and does a decent job, so long as you don't leave stuff in it too long or overload it. Current problem is to determine where it's leaking from. At 150 lbs., it's not the easiest thing to manuever around in the closet.

Whatever style you chose, be sure to insist on a drain pan under it. Ours doesn't have one (I didn't know about them) when the dealer installed it. I found it was leaking by seeing water drip from the pin box while running a load. Part of fixing the machine is installing a drain pan.

JanAndBill

We have the combo unit and love it. The most difficult part of using the combo unit is learning to not overload it. Othewise it works great.

jpdoggett

We have the stackable washer and dryer in our 2011 Landmark and would not go with the all in one. We got ours from sears when got the Landmark and it has two circuits in that washer dryer area so you can wash and dry at the same time my wife loves it