Winterizing Sundance

zoozoo

We have a 3012RE and live in Missouri. We're trying to find out how to winterize the unit, where all the valves are located, etc. Any information would be appreciated.

ChopperBill

Look in the owners manual. I made a funny!. OK, if it is like most of ours take the panel off in the storage compartment right next to the docking station. Your water heater bypass valves and anti-freeze suction hose probably is right there. Shut the valve off that goes from the pump down under to the fresh tank and flip the valves to close off the heater, there are three of them. Open the valve to the anti-freeze hose and put it in a bottle of anti-freeze. Turn on pump and open faucets and what not to pump anti-freeze into the lines. Should do it.

jpmorgan37

zoo zoo;
Here is a procedure that has been around for awhile. It's generic, but covers most of the basics. Winterizing
Also, if you do a search on the forum, there has been quite a bit of discussion on winterizing on here in the past. Here is one thread and some things that I posted in Post #12. Here's the Link

John

jpmorgan37

zoo zoo;

I don't know if you have a black tank hydroflush, but if you do, don't forget to blow it with air also. You don't need to put A/F in it, just get the water out. If you have a spray attachment on the toilet and the kitchen sink, be sure to winterize them. (Ask me how I know).

BJ'sDad

I did my 3012 about 3 weeks ago.
In order to get better access, I pulled the whole panel inside the storage compartment down since I couldn't "fish" out the suction hose for the antifreeze, and it is much easier to get your hand on the valve to cut off the fresh water line from the tank. It is only a few screws and a little twisting of the panel to get it out from behind the heat duct that runs up thru the middle of the storage compartment at the rear wall. While I had the panel out, I vacuumed out the small amount of sawdust and debris that were left in there, as well as re-checking the connections on the hoses going to the docking station.

The valve for the water heater bypass is on the water heater, under the sink, easy to access it thru the door under the sink. The valves on the inlet and outlet of the water heater are accessible from the living room side door.

I blew out my lines before I winterized.. including the black tank flush.

*Edit* I should have said I pulled 1/2 of the wall panel down in the compartment since it's in more than one piece. I find the access panel wasn't put in the most easily accessible place, it could have been moved lower on the wall panel for better access and perhaps a little closer to the systems you are trying to gain access to in the first place.

Last edited:

zoozoo

Thanks for the helpful advice. The Heartland Forum is such a good site for information on our camper. Happy Holidays to everyone!