Race Fans

scottyb

Our recent 1600 mi R/T to Wheatland, MO with the 4100. I think we successfully used every on-board system over the 6 days.

Thur, Fri, and Sun nights our parking spot looked like #1. After a long day of boat racing on the adjacent drag boat racing course, we returned to our rig Sat afternoon to this, #2 - #4. Thank God for the bedroom AC, which will virtually drown out any noise.

RGWilliams, where are you? You will appreciate this.

Attachments

• IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2352.jpg
    IMG_2352.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 222

priorguy

:angel: Tell me that Ranger under your kingpin in the pictures doesn't pull the Cyclone. Yours definitely looks the most comfortable.

scottyb

We spent a week in AZ after our race at Lake Havasu, AZ. Dropped the rig off at Wild Horse Pass Race Park in Chandler, AZ (formerly Firebird International Raceway). I had to go home to work for a couple weeks before our final race of the season. On the way out, I noticed a nice reflection on the lake.

Attachments

• IMG_2442.jpg
    IMG_2442.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 102

JeremyN

Our recent 1600 mi R/T to Wheatland, MO with the 4100. I think we successfully used every on-board system over the 6 days.

Thur, Fri, and Sun nights our parking spot looked like #1. After a long day of boat racing on the adjacent drag boat racing course, we returned to our rig Sat afternoon to this, #2 - #4. Thank God for the bedroom AC, which will virtually drown out any noise.

RGWilliams, where are you? You will appreciate this.

How was the dirt late model racing there in Wheatland? I have always wanted to travel down there and catch a race. Especially when the Lucas Oil Late Model Series comes down for one of their big events.

scottyb

It was a hoot. The dirt track fans get to attend the drag boat races during the day and visa versa for the price of admission. This venue is 2nd to none. Future plans are for an off-road truck course and there is a 1/4 mile drag strip currently under construction. It runs parallel to the lake for the drag boats. There are a limited number of RV sites with hookups (book way early) and a large heavily treed at large camp ground for dry camping and tents.

scottyb

This was the 1st ever "Thunder on the River" event held on Lake Havasu, AZ. The Lake Havasu / Parker / Needles area along the Colorado River is the "Hot Boat Capital" of the world. It will be a huge venue in the future for the Lucas Oil Drag Boats Racing Series. The pits are on a 9 hole golf course, adjacent to Thompson Bay and within eyeshot of "The London Bridge". Staffers with RV's had dry spaces along the edge of the pits and "in the rough". Pretty strange driving around on a golf course, although they had the greens taped off.

Attachments

• IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 95