Jeff Foxworth on folks from Texas

soilmovers

Jeff Foxworthy on folks from Texas

I know there are quite a few Heartland folks from the Lone Star State.........this is so true
Forget Rednecks, here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about folks from
Texas ...

If someone in a Lowe's store offers you assistance and they don't work
there, you may live in
Texas

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Texas .

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a
wrong number, you may live in Texas .

If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Dallas for the weekend, you may live in Texas .

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Texas .

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live
in Texas .

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both
unlocked, you may live in Texas .

If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them,
you may live in Texas .

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and
everybodys passing you, you may live in Texas .

If you find 60 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Texas .

If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your Texas
friends & others, you definitely live in Texas .

Last edited:

medic9016

Having grown up in Texas before joining the Marine Corps, I understand all of those. Still use alot of them today. I wish we got that kind of service at our Lowes here.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
We just got down to Texas a couple of weeks ago and I had to laugh at this post and how accurately it nailed it. I am learning that I need to take the time to enjoy the people. If I want to go to the store I need to know that the people there are going to talk, and talk, then have a chinwag and then maybe conduct business. I had never thought of the PNW being particularly fast paced before. Once "y'all" are out of your cars, you couldn't really find a bunch of nicer folk! Who knew posted speed limits were merely a suggestion?? Chuckles,,, Elizabeth

v92c

Texan
Not only are "posted speed limits" a suggestion. Turn signals are a warning sign, "I am coming over, get out of the way!!!" Especially in Houston

J-W&E

This is so true, as we spent last winter in TX. They are the nicest bunch of people.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
v92c, did you mean WHEN they use turn signals?? Himself calls it psychic driving down here, you have to guess what they are going to do, laughs,,, Elizabeth

ChopperBill

What I like about Texas is they call us "Winter Texans" In AZ you are a "Snowbird" A lot of the locals dont use it as a term of endearment!

soilmovers

retired4fun said:
What I like about Texas is they call us "Winter Texans" In AZ you are a "Snowbird" A lot of the locals dont use it as a term of endearment!

You are so right. I lived in SW Florida for a number of years and we also called the winter residents *&#*! snowbirds.
What folks won't admit, is the $$ is good for the local economy. Can't have it all...........

Tom of Ypsi

Being down here in the Rio Grande Valley there is a mixture of local Texans (mostly Mexican decendants), Mexicans coming over the border for shopping, etc and us Winter Texans. This just makes it even more interesting when driving especially with the patchwork vehicles that are very common to this area. The nice thing about this area besides the people is that we as Winter Texans have our own paper "The Winter Texan" which gives us what is going on in and around the Valley.

CGibson

Great post. I am from Texas and I still try to help people out in the stores up here. My husband hates that and my talking to people. Another thing I do that irritates him is when out in our trailer is going to meet the people that are from Texas. You never know when you might see someone you know or kin to someone you know.

StevieWonder

As a native Texan, I find these comments offensive, hurtful and definitely NOT funny.

Now ask me about Louisiana, which is apparently off limits.:mad:

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
You Might Be From Louisiana If:

The crawdad mounds in your front yard have over taken the grass.

The four seasons in your year are: crawfish , shrimp , crab , and King Cake.

You judge a po-boy by the number of napkins used.

You're not afraid when someone wants to "ax you something".

You don't learn until high school that Mardis Gras is not a national holiday and what a county is......:)Ken

StevieWonder

Never ask a man where he's from.

If he's from Texas, he'll tell you.
If he's not, then you don't want to embarrass him.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Have you wanted to take magic marker and draw a goatee on Jim B.s picture. :) Patty and the cat

Last edited:

jbeletti

Hey,

I resemble that remark! :eek:

Bob, you must have seen my avatar from a year ago or so. Had the goatee for a week in my entire life. I think it was around Christmas time during a week's vacation. I liked it but DW did not.

You can even blow up my picture to use it for a dart board image. Some may enjoy that. :D

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
No Jim, no dart boards. I must have to much time on my hands. But couldnt resist. By the way thanks for fixing the rally forums. I still think that Texas should be Southcentral. If you made our area the West Coast then you could break up the 3 states in 3 chapters per state. Might make less sub forums. The :cool:cat

jbeletti

Hi Bob,

Still unsure on how I want to do the regions or if I want to do regions at all. I may go to state and sub-state chapters only and down the road, as we get really organized and our size warrants it, have chapters roll-up under regions.

Not a priroty for me right now though. Still planning for the Branson rally at the same time, really busy at the day job.

Jim

Princess Kathleen

You might be a redneck if your pick up truck has foil and duct tape for the rear window....I really saw this in Alabama Port Alabama just last week

All in fun
Smile
PK