Good Sam EA+ how good

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I have been reading the information explaining the Good Sam Emergency Assistance Plus program. Has anyone subscribed to it and used the program? It sounds good, but is it worth the $ and is it reliable? Any comments and opinions would be appreciated. Thank yoou.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Tom
we have had good sam ers for a few years now. We used to carry AAA. ERS tows further, from more locations and more times. Called them once and had very good response.
Rand

jpmorgan37

I've had it since 1999 and only used it once for a flat tire, but they responded fairly quickly. I'm sure that you'll get a variety of opinions.

John

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We've had it several years and only used it once. I wanted a tow to my truck dealership which was many Kilometers outide their limit, I said no problem I would pay the didfference. The gal taking the call checked with her supr. and came back and they agreed to cover the whole distance, that is service..../Doug

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom, are you referring to the emergency medical assistance plan? If so, we had it for 2 years but never had to use it. We ended up canceling the policy. It sounded like a pretty good deal but I think in an emergency, we sometimes have no choice as to what happens after the fact. I think the other responses are referring to the road assistance plan. I do however have Good Sam accidental death insurance. I'm hoping if I die anytime soon it will be in an accident and not for health reasons. I think it's cheap life ins.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Thanks, Ray, I was referring to the Medical Assistance plan, but I am glad to get the infor on the road service program, too.

jpmorgan37

Tom;
Sorry, I was reading one thing and thinking (which sometimes isn't good) something else. Yes, I have the EA+ plan also. My feeling is that anything can happen and just the security of knowing that my bride, my dog, my RV and TV would be taken care of is well worth the price. I also know what the cost of Helocopter or Airplane transportation is. One trip and it has paid for itself. Just my opinion and sorry that I didn't answer your question the first time. As a point of interest, you might want to investigate MASA (Medical Air Services Association). It has been around since 1974 and has over a million members.
Hope this helps,

John

Tom of Ypsi

Our park here in the RGV is having a rep from MASA this week coming to give anyone that wants info. We have talked about what would we do if something happens but we have never done anything about it. This should be our oppotunity to at least check it out.