Cabinet Quality

They look good but if I was working in a cabinet shop and did some of the things I'm finding I would be fired. The bottom of the large pullout drawer under the tv is falling out. The front is not fastened to anything. The face of that same drawer is coming off because it was stapled not screwed. The lower right drawer has an issue with the bottom falling out because the guy working the staple gun that day missed all the staples on the back. Silly stupid little things easily corrected but MOST aggravating. I'll post pictures later of my fix for the desk drawer. Things just can't hang onto nothing. It takes just a small effort to do it right.

priorguy

A friend of mine had that happen in a new house. The walk-in closet shelves and rods were installed with a brad nailer. Looked great until loaded with clothes, like any honest person would do. Everything was on the floor the next morning. RV cabinetry of every vintage and brand I've seen is assembled the same way, air staples and pocket screws. Easy to fix like you say, but aggravating that you have to do it.

Theresau

You're not alone with these issues - we had the same.... We put in some kitchen linens in the desk drawer and they caused the drawer bottom to fall out and like you said the front then had to be repaired as well. The small drawer to the right of the fireplace was hung crooked.

There has been another common issue and that is the cabinet doors that open up - the strut appears to be too strong for the hinge and the door falls off. We've gorilla glued the molleys in place. Here's hoping production is now correcting this... Shocked us the the first time it happened.

Since fixing all of this, cabinets are working well now.

They look good but if I was working in a cabinet shop and did some of the things I'm finding I would be fired. The bottom of the large pullout drawer under the tv is falling out. The front is not fastened to anything. The face of that same drawer is coming off because it was stapled not screwed. The lower right drawer has an issue with the bottom falling out because the guy working the staple gun that day missed all the staples on the back. Silly stupid little things easily corrected but MOST aggravating. I'll post pictures later of my fix for the desk drawer. Things just can't hang onto nothing. It takes just a small effort to do it right.

Repairs completed this morning. I have an air compressor and nailer so it was just a matter of glueing and shooting the bottoms. Now the face on the long desk drawer was put on upside down. That left a large gap showing at the top. I removed the face turned it around then glued and shot it back in place and moved the catches. Hope that's it for awhile. Good thing I have some carpentry skills.

Theresau

I don't think the desk drawer front was upside down - it's set up that way so your hands stay level when working at the desk (we thought it was wrong at first and almost "corrected" as well then I used the desk and realized it was meant to be that way).

Repairs completed this morning. I have an air compressor and nailer so it was just a matter of glueing and shooting the bottoms. Now the face on the long desk drawer was put on upside down. That left a large gap showing at the top. I removed the face turned it around then glued and shot it back in place and moved the catches. Hope that's it for awhile. Good thing I have some carpentry skills.

I don't think the desk drawer front was upside down - it's set up that way so your hands stay level when working at the desk (we thought it was wrong at first and almost "corrected" as well then I used the desk and realized it was meant to be that way).
You may very well be correct however you can't put a drawer face on and leave a 3/4" gap showing. That's just ugly! Anyway it is glued and nailed now and isn't coming off.....