Off door side bay door

Cyberdave

Would be nice to have a shorter one stage strut on the off side bay door. One that is just long enough to stop the door short of hitting the bedroom slide.

If someone (ahem) doesn't verify the door is down before you pull the bedroom slide in tear up the slide and the door...

Last edited:

danemayer

Would be nice to have a shorter one stage strut on the off side bay door. One that is just long enough to stop the door short of hitting the bedroom slide.

If someone (ahem) doesn't verify the door is down, you tear up the slide and the door...
Hi Cyberdave,

If you put these corner guards on your slideout, you'll not only save your head from some damage, but they will also keep the door from contacting the bottom edge of the slideout.

Cyberdave

Hi Cyberdave,

If you put these corner guards on your slideout, you'll not only save your head from some damage, but they will also keep the door from contacting the bottom edge of the slideout.

Hi Dan,

On our Key Largo, only the forward bumper will hit the bedroom slide bottom and the under 1" thickness doesn't leave enough clearance from the latch to the slide. A shorter, single stage strut will fix it.

K

karykatz

We now install a saftey wire that will not allow door to open all the way. This will keep from accidents happening.

thanks for your input.

Cyberdave

Kary,

Do you have a diagram or image of the safety cable? Can I get one since I am still under warranty? Would have been nice to know before it got damaged....

Subdrv

If someone (ahem) doesn't verify the door is down before you pull the bedroom slide in tear up the slide and the door...

The Cyclone door has a 2stage strut. It stops below the slide and stay horizontal. If you need it to go higher you can push it up to about a 45 degree angle wit the slide closed.

Here are pic

Robbie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Cyberdave

Robbie,

Yes, exactly and that is the issue. There is no need for a two stage strut if a correct length one is used. Think about it, the only reason you need a two stage strut is that it is too long to begin with.

Subdrv

The Cyclone door has a 2stage strut. It stops below the slide and stay horizontal. If you need it to go higher you can push it up to about a 45 degree angle wit the slide closed.

Here are pic

Robbie

Robbie,

Yes, exactly and that is the issue. There is no need for a two stage strut if a correct length one is used. Think about it, the only reason you need a two stage strut is that it is too long to begin with.

I haven't tried it and don't think I will on purpose but it looks like if I do leave it against the slide it would just follow it and not hange up. I do see your point on making it a single that wouldn't get to the slide.

Cyberdave

If yours is like a Key Largo, don't try it!!! It will catch the latch and break it and dent the lower slide lip. Voice of experience here.