Question regarding Base Pressure Setting

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We take the sensors off for storage and security if we leave the 5th someplace for service. Am I correct in understanding, that the base pressure reading is reset each time I put the sensors back on or after the monitor has been powered off for a while?..../Doug

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Like you said the base pressure is reset every time you take the sensor off and put it back on whether you turn off the monitor or not. I have read somewhere that the sensor has to be left off for one minute for it to reset but am not sure about this. Anyway I figure by the time I take it off and air up the tire and reinstall it it has probably been one minute

Don

Pat McFall

DougLynne said:
We take the sensors off for storage and security if we leave the 5th someplace for service. Am I correct in understanding, that the base pressure reading is reset each time I put the sensors back on or after the monitor has been powered off for a while?..../Doug

Doug,

The base pressure reading of each Sensor is reset each time you remove the Sensor and leave it off the tire for at least 1 minute. When you screw it back on, it reads the new "set" pressure. When you power off the Monitor, it retains it's memory indefinitely. If you have further questions, let me know.

Thanks..........Pat

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Thanks guys, that is what I thought that happens. I just wanted to verify it in my mind, sometimes over thinking starts to cloud your mind..../Doug