Getting old with OFD

Cyberdave

Had a blind string break and one is fixing to. Yesterday I was doing some research and came across a thread mentioning the company that builds the blinds would also repair them? I can do the restring myself but we are still under warranty... Or, maybe my OFD is really acting up..

pegmikef

. . . yeah, it affects all of us older folks, but in regards to restringing the blinds, to me half the work is getting them down and putting them back upso I always went ahead and fixed them myself, but I used 80 # test leader line so I would not have to revisit my fixed ones. It is really easy to thread through the blinds. Just didn't want the hassle of packaging them and shipping them to the factory. I only have warranty work done (so far none) for things I can't fix myself or when it might void the warranty in case a bigger problem surfaces (e.g., with A/C, reefer, etc).

Last edited:

yport

lol ... just had another break today and restrung it. I had bought a 200 yd spool of the matching color string ... for a fraction of the cost of having someone else string ONE shade. But ... gotta say, I like pegmikef's idea of 80# test :)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you are still under warranty. Call HL with your VIN# and maybe they will send you a new one.